delahoya vs pacquio what a mismatch

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by crazyKat, Sep 6, 2008.

1. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    trust me i love pacman he is awesome. he is my 2nd fav fighter. the problem is delahoya is my number 1. lol i hate to see these guys fight. pacman is a small guy started at 106 now fighting the best at 147. stupid move. yea he will make 20 million but he has plenty of money. why take a chance of getting hurt? delahoya will tower over him. and pacman as hard as he hits wont be able to move delahoya. i see delahoya packing him thru about 6 or seven rounds and knocking him out. it wont go past 9 rounds. i wish they wouldnt fight. i hate to see my 2 favorites fight each other.

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I guess that Delahoya has beat up on the little guys...might be the only way he's going to win a match anymore:confused2:. It'll be a really crazy night if Pacquio whips his butt!

3. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    lol wont happen. and delahoya has never ducked anyone. but thats ok. he is the biggest pay per view buy for a reason.

4. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I agree. I like him to a certain extent. He's a good businessmen thats for sure. Let me ask you this...

Who do you think won the fight between him and Pernell Whittaker? Just want to hear your opinion on that fight. I'll tell ya mine after:wink:.

5. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i thought it was close but i gave it to delahoya because he was more aggresive. sweet pea ran alot and wouldnt fight. neither landed alot of clean punches.

6. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Okay. I can agree on that somewhat:smile2:. Way I saw it, Delahoya had the crowd behind him. Lots of girls screaming while he did his usual lat 10 seconds flurries at the end of each round...Seems to me that the judges got a little swayed. Pernell out boxed him in my opinion. Wouldnt have been too smart of him to try to stand toe to toe with a guy who is naturally bigger and stronger...same way Mayweather handled it.

7. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i thought delahoya made the fight. if he wasnt comming forward there wouldnt had been a fight cause sweet pea was moving back and wouldnt come forward. judges score on aggresiveness and who is carrying the fight. delahoya had that part of it. he landed more shots compubox wise

8. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Seems we both remember this fight very well...just from different sides of the ring!:smile2:

Whittaker was never a big guy in the division when it came to size but he had technique. If Lou duva tells you to land shots and move...what do you do? Isnt footwork an integral aspect of the boxing game?

9. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i agree. but you got to land CLEAN EFFECTIVE thats the key. i love a good boxer over a puncher. but the boxer has to make a fight out of it. mayweather even though im not a fan is a great boxer but he comes forward and lands clean. that was the diff in him and sweet pea. dnt get me wrong i think delahoya caught him at the perfect time cause he wasnt in his prime. just like mayweather beat delahoya but oscar wasnt in his prime. it was a ok fight and maybe should have been a draw but it was delahoya night and he was the star at the time so judges might have give it to him but in my opinion i wasnt upset with the judging. i wasnt like damn sweet pea got robbed. it was close.

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Okay. I see your point. Kind of like the Sugar Ray/Haglar fight? Sugar kept moving and landing some blows while Haglar kept throwing bombs...who do you think won that fight? I say Haglar got robbed! not to get off the subject of the upcoming fight...

11. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thats a tuff one to call. depends on if you like the puncher or the boxer. i thought it was a good fight. leanard gave a hell of a boxing match while hagler did the damage. depends on what u like

12. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Yeah...I liked Sugar Ray but Haglar was the man back then in my opinion. Bernard Hopkins kind of reminds me of him. It seems like boxing was a much more exciting sport back then. Not to take anything away from the fighter of today.

13. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I have boxed since the age of five, I love the sport, it's in my blood but I see MMA swallowing boxing completly in the next five years. And I must admit that I don't have a problem with that. It can no longer compete with the action and skill level of MMA.

14. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I think that if the boxing promoters put together cards that are comaprable to MMA's way of putting on a show, it would make a really strong comeback. Imagine seeing 3-4 really good fights in a single night? Im not talking a regular undercard of lesser knowns but rather an undercard AND 3-4 fights with well knowns matching up?