DEJIA VU....

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Oct 18, 2009.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    THERE ARE SOOOOOO MANY CARP UNDER THE LONDON BRIDGE HERE IN HAVASU THAT I GOT THE BRAINY-ACK IDEA TO USE A CAST NET TO GET THEM........(LOTS O BAIT)

ONCE I GET THE CARP, TAKE A SMALL (BAT/BEATER/ FISH-B-GOOD-STICK) TO LITERALLY BEAT THE FISH INTO A (BLOODY) PILE OF MEAT.....

SAW THIS ON RIVER MONSTERS 15 MINUTES LATER :roll_eyes:

LeRoy

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    man all i can say is good luck!

im not sure how big the carp are that your talking about, but ive caught a few in my cast nets before.. bad idea.. the ones ive caught were not intentional! i remeber one.. i was throwing for shad, caught a small little 3lb carp.. it ripped the heck out of my net.. i was pretty ticked! my day was pretty much ruined from there.. very little bait, and no net.. :angry:

the worse part about that, is there were ALOT of shad in that area.. a week later when i could afford a new net, they had all dissapeared:embarassed:

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    MABY ILL JUS SNAG THE BUGGERS:tounge_out:

DIDNG REALLY THING ABOUT THAT ACTUALLY AND NOW THAT I DID IT DONT SOUND FUN :sad2:

LeRoy

4. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    you might wanna check the laws in your area too, many states frown upon catchin things other than shad in your net.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Carp is a good way to ruin a castnet I agree there.

6. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Make up some bait and have the fun of landing them.