DEI-RCR to combine Engine shop!

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by vfourmax, May 19, 2007.

1. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    This really is an interesting thing to pop out with everything else going on concerning DEI, Jr and possibly RCR. This was something announced on Raceday and they talked to Richard Childress and he said it was something that had been worked on for a couple months and him and Theresa had reached an agreement. I wonder if this will affect Jr. and perhaps have an influence in what he decides to do?

2. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    this whole thing just seems strang to me. First of all DEI already works wit Menard's, who builds some of the best racing engines in the business. Other than papa Menards money what do they bring to the table for this partnership?

3. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    Seems as if all the media buzz this past weekend at Charlotte has taken the RCR name out of contention as far as a landing spot or partner of any type for Jr. I expect this engine partnership with DEI/RCR was something purposefully engineered by Theresa as far as timing is concerned to have an effect on Jr's future options! Seems as if the favoured scenario by the media now would be a Jr. satellite team partnered with either Hendrick as first choice or Gibbs racing. Claims are an announcement will be made concerning next years plans within the next 30 days or so.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If DEI and the RCR engine shops merged how would that effect Jr. driving for RCR?
    Employed by RCR driving cars with an engine built by Joe Blow out of Stockton dont mean you work for Joe Blow.

If RCR and the DEI engine shops can merge into one then that is an indicator those are entirely seperate businesses.
    In other words , each RCR race team leases engines, buys engines, or rents engines from the RCR engine shop. That same engine shop also leases, rents, or sells engines to any number of teams (not only cup) not under its RCR umbrella.
    It dont make a crap who drives the car. Anybody could be supplying engines.
    Now do we talk about chassis and who builds those for who?

I would imagine the RCR engine shop dont have a thing to do with the RCR teams. Its a stand alone business.

5. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    I do not know all the ins and outs concerning the relationships the engine shops have in proximity to the rest of the racing shops of the same ownership only that before this deal was announced RCR was thought by many very closely tied to the racing world to be the most likely fit or alliance for JR'S future.
    But since this merger of the DEI/RCR ENGINE SHOPS was announced the name RCR and any sort of Jr alliance has not been uttered . Without knowing the way that different business contracts are worded or set up everything that we speculate on is nothing but guess work. Perhaps DEI will have a say on who runs or leases engines from this shop and Theresa may not approve Jr to be on that list who knows. Just as a lot of people have said that the Budweiser contract belongs to DEI not Jr. and in a sense that may be true but it could also have a clause that leaves Budweiser as the last say on if there is a driver change they would have to approve any such change for the existing contract to remain valid. It does seem to be a general consensus that BUDWEISER is going with JR. wherever he goes. Just thought it was interesting that suddenly RCR was no longer on the list of possiblies or probables for Jr.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Look at it like this this.
    When you have more then one race team you have multiple budgets.
    It wouldnt be feasible to have each team have its own engine shop so you have just one. Now which team's budget pays for the existence of the engine shop?
    They both do.
    The only way to keep it all straight is to keep every team and the engine shop seperate as seperate businesses even though they might all operate under the same umbrella.

Car dealerships operate much the same way between departments.

You have shops that build chassis. A corporate multi car team owner may own that shop but that shop may supply chassis to 12 other cup teams, 15 Busch teams, and 4 truck teams.
    So the merge wouldnt be anything akin to merging race teams, drivers, and other resources.
    The merger would involve building engines or chassis not fielding teams.
    Racing is a big money business and Sunday afternoon is just a part of that business. The advertisment persay.

You know, Dale Sr. never worked for Hendricks and Gordon never worked for RCR but Dale and Gordon were business partners. Their business had no bearing on the owners of their race teams.
    Its the same thing in reverse.

7. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    I understand and agree with you fully as far as the different departments of one owners racing enterprises operating with their own budgets and showing their own profits and losses based on the internal operations of their own shop even though it all ends up in the end as profit and loss as part of the entire organization. Standard business practice throughout the corporate world. But here we have a situation where one of the owners of this joint business venture for reasons which could be of a personal nature does not want and refuses to have Jr. as a customer of said business or it could be that Jr. does not want to be a customer or involved in any venture that Theresa would have any sort of dealing with or make any money off of. I think there is little doubt that some really bad blood runs between the two of them! I have no idea but was just pointing out the fact that it does seem sort of interesting that just a few weeks ago that most speculation had that probably Jr's best fit for an alliance whether as a team member or satellite team had him partnering up with RCR as the best fit but now since this DEI/RCR announcement nobody is even seeming to mention Jr's or RCR'S name in the same sentence. Just thought the timing of all this seemed a little out of place or perhaps it is just coincidence, we the general public will never actually know.

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I speculate that the speculators havent thought about the business of it.

Any profits Teresa saw would be from the motor shop. Not Jr.
    Jr. wouldnt be working for DEI in any capacity. The only common denominator in the whole thing is that DEI and RCR engines would come from the same vendor.
    Tires come from the same vendor, paint, graphics, etc.
    An engine is a car part, not an entity.