DEI off to a shaky start

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Feb 26, 2007.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Martin Truex Jr blew a engine after only 7 laps and Earnhardt Jr blew an engine also at California. Thats not counting the 2 engines they blew up at las Vegas during testing. Looks like the engine builders are gonna be busy for DEI.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Things aren't looking good right now for them.I'm just hoping they get all the kinks/bugs/contract straightened out soon.I'd rather them start off slow than have this happen mid to late season.I think the Car of Tomorrow will be another kink they'll have to be able to work through.Whoever figures out the C.O.T. and unleaded fuel the best will probably win the championship.

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    right there with evernham.........look for both teams (and toyota) to pick up the pieces and be in the hunt

4. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I couldn't believe Truex's motor blew up that quick. Both him and Jr. had very fast cars until they blew up.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Well last week Jr. said he was down on horsepower, this week he qualified well and had the horsepower and went up in smoke.

Maybe just maybe they need to check where they got the horsepower from.:big_smile:
    They've been down on horsepower awhile according to how I see it.

6. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I agree w/mark. they just need to find that middle ground again.

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Its early in the season. No telling what kind of R&D they put on the track yesterday on a gamble that didnt pay off.
    I say that because both Truex and Jr. both had strong cars and both blowed up.

They say they always run faster right before they blow.

8. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    It's a shame but still too early to tell. I too was a bit amazed they both blew up but that is racing.

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'll bet you that ol Dale rolled over in his grave when Jr. got out of the car & bowed to the crowd! I'll guarantee you,you would have never ever seen him do that after going out of a race. That's why I question how bad Jr. really wants to do what he's doing. I believe he would just as soon be back home partying with his Buds & maybe running the local short tracks on Saturday nights.

10. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Times change Glenn, Even Dale Sr. would get spanked for some of the things he did "back in the day" If he did them today.What else was Jr to do? Run back to the pits and slap Tony Sr.?Jr. was being PC and playing to the red hats.I thhink Mark has it nailed down.This aint the Winston cup anymore.smokey

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yes it sure has been one ugly start to the season for Dale Jr., Martin Truex and Paul Menard! D.E.I. better figure some things out in a big hurry cause the standings are looking real bad at the moment!:crazy:

12. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You can call it PC or whatever you want to,but I still don't believe that Dale,Sr would have done that. Don't try to tell me Jr has that intense desire to win like his father did! He never has had and never will have that fire in his belly like Sr did. Do you honestly think that made all of the red hats feel better when he did his little bow? I bet I can tell you the name of one person that wasn't too happy with him. Can you say TERESA! BTW,I know this isn't the Winston Cup anymore,it's the Nextel Cup. One thing you are right about,and I agree with you on,there are a lot of things that Sr did that he wouldn't get by with now. We won't even get into that subject.

13. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Dale Sr. was from a different era in racing.
    What Jr. did is NASCAR correct not politically correct.

These guys aren't completely stupid. They know they have to play the game for the camera and for the big bucks.
    Unfortunately its come to that and we dont have a Dale Sr. anymore that would turn around for photographs from gawkers while he was yawning and spoiling the photo.

14. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana

It's not the fact he doesn't have desire....it's called having fun while doing it!!! When Jr got all upset about every little thing he got no where.....he calmed down and tried to learn what was wrong and have fun....he started winning. Tony Stewart....calmed down, has fun.....started winning. That was Jr's way of just having fun....he motor started to go out...he tried to get it fixed...tried to run again...and it blew. That has nothing to do with his desire to win. If you don't have fun doing something then there is no reason to do it.

15. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Lets go to the replay. Jr. goes up in smoke. a moan comes from the crowd.
    Jr. gets out of his car, and takes his bow,The crowd goes wild. Yep I heard them. maybe not all, but enough to hear on my TV. I went to one of Jrs.message boards and his fans online didnt seam to have a problem with it,and I dont think Budwiser had a problem with it.smokey

16. lakeside

lakeside New Member

State:
    arizona
    couldnt have said it better myself

17. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Maybe they are just missing having the NAPA parts they used to have!LOL:smile2:

18. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    That's funny....but they still have NAPA parts and sponsership. The thing I miss most is the commericals with Jr. and Mikey. I don't know why they can't do commercials anymore because they are both still sponsered by NAPA. I will admit that the new ones with DJ and Mikey are pertty funny.

19. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    DEI off to a shaky start

A building, like a race team, is only as good as its foundation.

20. lakeside

lakeside New Member

State:
    arizona
    very well said :big_smile: