DEI merging with RYR!?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by HUSKER77, May 1, 2007.

1. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    HEARING THAT DEI IS IN TALKS TO MERGE WITH RYR. TALKS ARE IN THE WORKS TO SEE IF THEY REMAIN A CHEVROLET OR GO WITH FORD. IT'S UNKNOWN OF THE DETAILS PERTAINING TO JR'S NEW CONTRACT IF THIS WOULD HAVE AN EFFECT.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    What I had heard in another report was that Robert Yates was attempting to sell to DEI.
    DEI says that they are after a 4 car stable next year.

Robert Yates hasnt faired too well in racing the last several years.
    He went straight from hero to zero and it seems no move has been made back up from zero.

I think DEI needs to get its own game going.
    Hire a fleet of schooled engineers and send the backyard engineers packing.
    Those days are long over. Lets face it. The Euries arent the cream that rises to the top.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Yes, I also have heard that DEI is interested in buying out Robert Yates racing.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i thin DEI sould be renamded to DUI buts thats my opinin offsfer. ann no i hvnt been drinkin:cool2:

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    To funny Jason!!!:big_smile: :lol: I agree with Mark they should revamp their engineering team or simply run Hendricks engines:lol: .Now what I would like to see is George Steinbrenner partner with Hendricks so we could have Hendricks/Yankess vs Rousch/Redsox every race.Now that would be competition and dont think its to far out in leftfield either.George is always looking for new ventures and buying in to Hendricks (or DEI) would be a natural way to tweak John Henry and the Sox.Besides Nascar teams today are going to have to look at some kind of financial alliances in order to keep competitive.The cost is becoming prohibitive for the smaller guys.Sponsorship is just an interim step or way to obtain money.:smile2:

6. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    This question might reveal my terribly limited knowledge of Nascar but wasn't Junior leaving DEI to get away from Theresa? If DEI merges with RYR wouldn't that defeat the purpose. I was hoping that Junior would sign with RCR.

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I think Jr. will get what he wants at DEI
    Last I had heard was that he had agreed to 51% ownership with him and the sister on the board of directors. Makes sense being a 51% majority owner:big_smile: Makes sense with his sister too. She handles his finances.
    That report might have been premature or just bad reporting period.
    We'll find out I guess.

8. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've got to agree with Mark on this one. This aint the good ole days of runnin shine all week and racin on the weekend. Nascar has evolved into a very technical sport. Most of the "good ole boys" of yesteryear wold be lost in todays sport ( I'm not saying today is better, just stating the facts). DEI needs to keep pace in order to survive.

9. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I really doubt that DEI and RYR will merge anytime soon. RYR really needs the money DEI can bring to the table but I doubt they could work it all out especially the manufactor argument. If Jr. has any say he wouldn't let them go to Fords, and there are contracts with manufactorers that you have to consider. Plus from what I have heard and seen Jr. would never drive a Ford.

Mark J. I'm sorry but the euries are some of the best crew cheifs there are. Yea there are ones that are better but they know what they are doing. And remeber a crew chief isn't the only engineers, they have engineers that work for them. Plus most engineers don't have the knowledge to build the strategies, they are there for technical issues mainly.

10. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I read the other day on nascar that there was a rumor that dei offered 51% to jr for something like 56 million dollars and they doubted that jr had that kind of money. also read that GM was waiting to see what happened with Jr and DEI before they entered in any new contract talks with DEI. I think Teresa needs to wise up and realize without Jr DEI doesnt have a leg to stand on.

11. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    DALE JR SAID, LAST NIGHT AT THE RICHMOND BUSCH RACE, "WE'LL BE DRIVING CHEVY'S," WHEN ASKED ABOUT THE DEI-RYR DEAL.

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Jr. has made the statement before that the only kind of car he'll race is a Chevrolet period.
    I believe Sr. made those same comments.

13. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    I hope Theresa has enough business sense to realize that DALE JR. IS DEI! If he leaves all of the fans both his and his dads will surely follow wherever he goes. Actually she should give him the 51% of DEI (which I feel was Sr's intent to begin with!) and be thankful to be able to profit off Jr's coattails just like she did his dads.

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    DEI has monetary value. I have no problem with Teresa selling Jr. 51%. She doesnt have to give him anything. His dad sure didnt. Thats why none of his offspring own any part of DEI.

I have to think in terms that these folks are no different then me and my folks and plenty of other folks I know..
    I know if my dad died today all of his assets would go to my mother.
    Only when she died would what was left be divided among the kids.