Degray Lake

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Little Mac, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Have a question for those that fish this lake....... I have one of those CDs that have 10,000 lakes on it and I was looking over degray......... Now on these maps there are areas that state "Fish Attracters" What is this? is it brush piles, rearing cages or what? I see the same thing on several of the Ark/Okl lakes. Thanks in advance.....Mac

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Mac.. These are man made structures that they have sunken into the lakes to attract fish or create a artificial fish habitat. They can be made out of just about anything. A bunch of old tire tied together, several dead christmas trees or just whatever they come up with.

Hope this helps ya But pullin your big anchor in those waters I think I'll pass.:eek:oooh:

De Gray has some really deep waters in places:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    You can buy a pretty good map of the lake, showing the contour lines, with channels, flats, sunken islands, etc. It also shows the location of the man-made fish attractors, and tells whether each attractor is made of tires or brush.

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Jerry This CD has all that on it. I didnt realize that Lake Dardenell had so many sunkin roadbeds in it, house foundations Just tons of structure and I found several promising looking Holes to fish when it gets good and cold. The cool thing about it is I can mark waypoints on it on my computer then transfer them to my GPS and walla, Im on my way :wink: hitech redneck :smile2: Kevin I see it deep LOL. I dont carry a big anchor, I promise, If Jennie can pull it Im sure you can ..:smile2:

5. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Mac,
    On Greers Ferry, I have seen those brush piles being towed out to be sunk. Some have been lots of cedar trees/Christmas trees, but I have also seen big tied together bundles of wooden pallets. I know of a bunch of pallets about 50-75 feet long up in Devils Fork that usually have fish on them.
    Those Blue Signs you see up on the bank marking those fish attractors never tell you how far out they are. I once heard a fellow say the corp sinks the attractors in about 20 foot of water when the lake is at normal pool, and they can extent upwards of 50-100 feet out either direction of where the blue marker sign is. I have seen what looks to be those attractors on the depth finder and some I can't find. Just mess around with your electronics and I bet you will find them.
    When we had all of that shallow water about 4 or 5 years ago on most of the lakes in the state, My cousin and I went out and marked 100's of humps, rock piles, roads...etc with our GPS. I personally marked over 100 on Greers alone that I never knew where there. Of course I haven't caught that many fish off those waypoints, but have caught a few bass off them.
    Good luck
    ccat

6. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Dang Mac... I can't believe you make Jennie pull that anchor. :eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Kevin, I got strict rules that I have to abide by, they called "The captain rules" and thats it The captain rules........hehe and thats why 99% of the time I pull the anchor:tounge_out: CC thanks for that info, I would give you thanks but for some reason it wont let me do it anymore.......:sad2:

8. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Yeah the Captain rules till the Admiral comes aboard ( Jennie ). :eek:oooh::smile2: