Degray Lake question

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by JDWILLIS39, May 20, 2006.

1. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Planning on camping at Iron Mountain week of July 4 any advice on where and how to catch few cats would be appreciated. Been 15 years since I fished in AR. How is fishing on Lake De-Gray these days.
    Thanks

2. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Does nobody fish DeGray for cats. I could sure use kind word or two. Thanks in advance.

3. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Sorry I can't help you. I haven't even been on that lake in twenty years.

4. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    DeGray One Stop said the lake is clear and low. Water temperatures are in the 80s. Bream are coming off beds and moving deeper. They’re biting well on red worms and crickets fished 15 to 25 feet deep. Crappie are biting fairly well on minnows fished off bluffs. They’re biting best at night on live bait. Black and Kentucky bass are in shallow waters in the morning and biting on top-water baits and jerkbaits. They move deeper in the afternoons and bite best on Texas-rigged worms and Carolina-rigged worms. Hybrid and white bass are biting well on Rooster Tails, CC Spoons, Boy Howdies and top-water baits. Catfish are biting fairly well on trotlines and noodles baited with live bait and minnows fished 15 to 25 feet deep. Set noodles at 8 feet deep.

That was this weeks report from the AGFC web site check it each Thursday:

http://www.agfc.com/fishing/fishreport_all.html

Sorry that the best I can offer, like JD I haven't been on DeGray in 10 of 15 years and I was bass fishing then. Go to the ARKANSAS section and look up Lake Ouachita, these two lakes fish just about alike, both are clear, rocky and deep, both have grass in them, bout the only difference I could tell when I used to fish them quite a bit was Lake Ouachita is a lot bigger. On thing about it around the 4 of July on those lakes you won't get lonely. Good luck.

5. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Thank you for the info. I am originally for Arkansas but have not lived there in last 16 years. I have fished all the lake. Fished Degray when it first opened but that was all long time ago. We are coming to week long family reunion and will not have time to fish much but I always try get in little time fishing with couple of grandsons who live in AR. Thanks for the link I will check it. Have great day.