degray-3 saturday

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by fishstick, May 3, 2009.

1. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i went up to the degray gathering for the saturday events and supper to find a very wet camp and campers. i got there around noon and the rain started falling soon thereafter. thanks to the quick thinking of trisha she went and rented a pavilion for the suppertime events. not only was it raining and storming but the air temp. dropped and the wind picked up and luckily i had brought a jacket with me. supper under the pavilion was damp and cool but everyone had plenty of good food and the event went well. shortly after supper with another storm looming i decided to head back home. thanks to everyone at the gathering for the wonderful fellowship that was shown to all. i got to meet alot of members and visit with some old friends. the BOC is lucky to have great members like newt and trish who go to the trouble of sponsering a great gathering like degray-3. hope everyone that came this year gets to come again next year and it can be twice as big an event next time.

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    here's a few pics

Attached Files:

3. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    and a few more

Attached Files:

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    some more

Attached Files:

5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    last ones

Attached Files:

6. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Thanks to everyone at DeGray 3. It was Clay and mines first gathering, and we had a great time. Food was great, people were great. I hope we can attend many more. Clay wanted to thank everyone also, he had a lot of fun playing with Newt and Trisha's son, and meeting all of the folks he gets to chat with on here. He also made out like a fat rat with the grab bags and door prizes. I hope to get together with yall many more times, and hopefully we can do some fishing together in the near future. Thanks to everyone.

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I was wondering how things went. I, know watching the weather channel it looked like it rained on u about all the time,even with the rain i,m glad yall had a good time :cool2:

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    hi guys just a short note to let yall know cass ans i made it home ok.had a good time chating with all my friends and met some new ones.cought a few fish just not cats.going to bed see yall later tonight on chat.

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Hilblegirl and I made it home Today, we decided to leave a day early, was not going home until monday, but everything being soaked changed our mind. We had a fantastic time despite the weather. Met some new to us folks and caught up with old friends. I believe Newt and Trish did a superb job of pulling this gathering off despite what they had to deal with. Thank you both. Mike Holladay I owe ya a boat ride :wink:

10. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I just wanted to tell everyone i had a great time and was glad to finally meet some new members and see a few people i have met in the past , the fishing wasnt to hot but catching fish is just a bonus , We had a great time visiting and and getting to know each other . I am still full from all the fantastic food prepared by everyone . Like i said in past post , if you have never made a gathering you need to attend one . You will not be dis appointed and you will meet some fantastic life long friends . Im sorry we had such bad weather but we still found a way to have a great time . Just ask Johnnie (poisonpitts) about our version of BOC baseball :smile2: . Trish and Newt yall did a fantastic job putting all this together and both of you deserve another round of applause for doing such a great job . Thank you both and im looking foward to next year .

11. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    We made it home and unloaded the trucks. Thank you all for coming to DeGray 3. We enjoyed spending time with all of you. Wish we could had walked around and spend more time with each of you. But mother nature was doing her job.
    Fixing to take a evening nap. Be back later to post lots of photos with stories to tell.

12. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    First off i just want to take the time to high five Trisa (DeeDee-Angelkitty) for everything she and her hubby did to get the Degray gathering up and running. I know it takes mounds and mounds of work to get things going and with the rain / and quick thinking our dinner and meet and greet went on without a glitz!
    Yes the rain was showing her temper but even still DH (Rayspolay) and I had a wonderful time chatting it up with every single one of you. Thanks to Robert(Tallmanrus) and His main Squeeze Regina for the use of the Yurk when the rain started coming down.:wink:
    I just loved meeting Ashley and her bestest friend and I loved all the giggles the girls made. Robert you have to feel blessed!
    Now as you all know i can talk for hours LOL But I will stop with the above and end with I enjoyed meeting everyone of you all and your wifes and kids etc. Never in my life have i met a better group of folks with such an opne heart. Now! For the pictures.

Attached Files:

13. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    some more

Attached Files:

14. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    got to love a camera recording memories

Attached Files:

15. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    more I swear i can not stop

Attached Files:

16. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I will back off the attachment page after this one!:tounge_out:
    But when ya meet just a great bunch of folks and well honest have a bit of girl in ya you tend to take mountains and mountains of pictures....
    Teeheee

Attached Files:

17. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Had a great time, met some new friends , saw some old ones, rain was horrible, If you have not made an effort to attend a gathering I feel sorry for you, friendship is made, B.O.C. is made stronger a win win situation.

Attached Files:

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    more Pictures

Attached Files:

19. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I would like to thank Smellycat for the catfish cake, it was an honor to cut the first piece!

Attached Files:

20. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Hey, thought I'd jump in here just to say we made it home safe and sound today somewhere around 3pm. We didnt make any "site seeing" detours :wink: on the way home like we did on the way there which actually resulted in pretty good travel time despite the rain. As most of yall know Memphis is a headache on a dry day, much less driving it on a rainy one....I think they need to make a special road straight from my house to Degray.... yall think I could pursuade someone to do that:confused2:?
    We did although, hafta stop to fuel up in Bryant and wound up havin to go to Autozone to get a new battery for Hershell's (redticrunner) truck.
    I just checked out all the pics that were taken and they were great. Next gathering ya should do is Pickwick in September. Ive got sunshine on backorder.... yall leave the rain at home. :smile2: I enjoyed getting to meet and make some new friends and see alot of the folks I chat with alot in person finally. This truly is the greatest collection of unique and wonderful people there ever was or will be. Newton and Trisha, thank you for all the hard work and time you both put into this gathering. Yall did a great job despite the rough weather. Maybe next year will be better.
    Well, gotta get in bed so I can get up and go to work tomorrow.... Ill check back in later to see what kinda fibbs Pete (ShilohRed) and some of the others are tellin. Nite all....(((((( Huggs)))))):roll_eyes: