dega

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by farmer, Oct 1, 2008.

1. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Anyone going to dega?

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Naahh not going this time, too much to do here... will go again in the spring and camp. You going???

3. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Leaving at 5 in the morning.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Have a great time, wish i was headed up, I can be there in less about 1 1/2 to 2 hours but didn't get tickets. You staying in the free campground??? that's a good time right there! lol :cool2:

5. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Takes us 10-11 hours to get there. We have a spot reserved for our camper.

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well have a great time and be careful.... Where you sitting???

7. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Birmingham section. They are great seats. Right on the exit of pit road. You guys be sure and look for me on speed sunday morning. I will be the one with the orange home depot hard hat on. LOL

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thats the section i was in in 2000 when dale sr won his last race.

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Josh is probably havin a good time about now, I know when I am there nows about the best time of night to walk around the campground and watch people get arrested...lol :big_smile:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    only cost me $100 to get out though!:big_smile:

11. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Couldn't convince them all you were smokin was zucchini huh??? lol

I get a kick out of some folks there...the best are the one's that think they don't really need to listen to the mounted police. Usually 10-20 cops on horseback who roam the camp ground all night in a group and look like they really enjoy their work when they come across the tuff guy who thinks he will do what he wants...lol :big_smile::cool2:

12. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    how hard is it to get tickets there. i would like to try somewhere besides texas next year.

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrtas on the trip Josh. Saw a few orange hard hats a t KC last weekend. Wish I was there with you!!

14. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama

It's not hard to get tickets, give the track ticket office a call or go on their website....I'm sure you can get some no problem. I'll be there in the spring again...can't wait!!

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    nope. dega holds a lot of folks. should have no trouble getting seats. remember thats its a 2.5 mile speedway. get the nose bleeds. or your view of the track will be limited.

i sat on the 2nd row in 98 when jarrett won the no bull million. my favorite driver at the time. on turn 4. all i could see was top of the turn 3-4 to the entrance to pit road.

my cousin had nose bleeds at the top of the stands. he could see all the track.

also went in 2000 fall race like tomorrows. got to be ringside for dale SR's final win. something i can say im was proud to attend. and then i was mid way up and on the finish line. i have a pic of him crossing the line.

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    anyone want to see if we can get tks together for the spring race?
    smokey

17. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am in with a group I go with every spring my buddy buys the tickets each year. The track offers you the same group of tickets year to year if you want to keep them. I'll be in the top of the Allison grandstand in Turn 2. I've sat several different places over the years on the tri oval but we been sitting in turn 2 last few years and camping the the free campground. Hope to see some of you there. :big_smile:

18. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Another thought, I think if you never have been there before try to sit somewhere in the tri oval. I like the highest seats I can get in the lower grandstand. That way you can see the pit action and driver intros and stuff like that. And it is an awesome feeling and sight when the pack comes through there off turn 4...Hold onto your hat!!. :eek:oooh::big_smile:

19. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Well I made it back last night about 6 pm. Boy what a trip. Had a great time and even got to see Stewart win. I hated to see it end like that though but none the less it was still a great race. It was great when Jr got caught up in that wreck. The crowd went nuts. LOL Looking forward to next year. Hopefully I can go. I already have tickets to the spring race.

20. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Glad you had a good time Josh, and your driver won to boot. Can't beat that. I'll be there in the spring, we'll have to exchange cell numbers before then so maybe we can find eachother and have a cold one.