Deformed fish

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by catmanjake, Aug 13, 2007.

1. catmanjake

catmanjake New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    post up all you deformed fish. any species any size. come on every one!!!

2. catmanjake

catmanjake New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    carp from my back yard these were 2 of the 3 i caught on the fly that day.

Attached Files:

• 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:

3. catmanjake

catmanjake New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    one i caught last week on corn

Attached Files:

4. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Jake... I think that these carp were not simply deformed, but are the victims of attack from a flathead while still juvenile! The broken and torn pectoral fin is an obvious injury, while the scarring around the head is a trademark of a powerful flathead bite.

You're fishing for the wrong thing in that water! Rig you up a throwline and bait it with a 5/0 hook and a live sunfish. Suspend the sunfish just under the water from an overhanging tree limb. The flathead feed primarily at night, so just make sure the sunfish is lively, thrashing around just under the surface. If there's a flathead around, he'll be hanging on that hook come morning.

5. catmanjake

catmanjake New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    we dont have flat heads up here. just pike is all. the fin one is a deformity because the real fin was normal that was just sticking out.

i know i seen a fork whiskered cat on this forum somewhere. who ever caught that should post it up

any way just post up weird looking fish

6. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I didnt catch this one but it came from lake murry in s.c. dnr said it kooks like something tried to eat it when it was a fingerling.

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I guess the next question to be asked is: Do you eat the fish from those waters:crazy: Could be farm fertilizers and pesticides messing with the genetics in the ponds. It has happened in a many waters of the midwest around heavy farm runoff

8. catmanjake

catmanjake New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    actually this lake is lake le homme deui. very clean lake one of the cleanest in the area. almost no polution around. the only polution would be from gardening. a few people around the lake are obsessed with their lawn.

9. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    how big is the lake? not sure if imbreeding has an effect on fish but i read about a study put on by a few DNR officers and a few scienctist about imbreeding effects on deer herds and it was interesting. there were a couple deer that had 3 legs and a couple that had 5. another deer had its left ear grown completely over with skin, so it was just a flap of flesh and fur on its head. weird stuff.

10. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    never thought a striper could look like jay leno :smile2:

11. catmanjake

catmanjake New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    is this for real no one else has ever caught a deformed fish??!!??