Deersville Bridge (Tappan)

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bear2123, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Bear2123

Bear2123 New Member

State:
    Uhrichsville, OH
    I don't have access to a boat or anything along those lines, but does anyone here fish along the Deersville bridge?

Not the safest spot, but i don't think i've caught a fish anywhere else in that lake.:eek:oooh:

2. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    That bridge area is choked full of lily pads. Why don't you try the first bridge on St. Rt. 250? You may even want to try up by the gas pipeline. That whole area is full of channel catfish. The water is really shallow in that area. It is approximately 3-7 feet deep. I have caught channel catfish over 12lbs there. The first two side bays are also excellent.

3. Bear2123

Bear2123 New Member

State:
    Uhrichsville, OH

The lily pads are getting pretty bad, but they're avoiding the channel. Also, usually when we go there are about 4-5 of us, we try to avoid LARGE traffic areas, or potenitally dangerous places to fish. We've fished both the side bays with horrible return. Caught 1-2 bluegill 2 days at 5-6 hours each.

I'm not sure where the gas pipeline runs tho, so that might be a suggestion spot. I heard on the news that there was a leak and no one could fish it, dunno if thats the same spot or not. If you could explain where it was better i'd appreciate it.

4. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Heading West on 250, the gas pipeline is across from County Road 646. There is a big parking spot. Go over the bank, to the left side of the pipeline bridge. The creek channel runs under the bridge. You can fish some deeper and shallow water in this area. I see a lot of people fish the back water off of 646. You might want to give that a try also.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/Images/fishing/Lake Maps/pub283.gif

5. Bear2123

Bear2123 New Member

State:
    Uhrichsville, OH

I've always seen people fishing there, but wasn't sure how good the spot was. Usually there are about 4-5 people sitting on the foundation wall of the bridge itself fishing off it. Guess this weekend i'll give it a go.

Friend also informed me a decent spot down near the bridge.
    Thanks for the help D.

6. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    the problem that I have had with fishing the bridge at deersville is "THE CROWDS" almost every time i go down there there is people sitting all over that bridge. be sure that you DONT PARK along side the road there because the staties and sheriff will ticket you for parking there. I was also told by a ranger once that it is actually illegal to fish off of the bridge too........he said to fish it legally that we had to sit down on the other side of the guardrails and not up by the road. he said that there is signs that say no STANDING on that roadway but ive never seen one ??? that IS a decent spot but there is other areas on Tappan that are actually better for channels from the bank. ive caught alot of nice channel cats right in front of the church off of 250 on that shallow flats. ive also caught alot of cats fishing around just about all of the bridge openings that go under st rt 250. if you want to average better size on your channel cats use cut baits like shad or bluegill............if you want to catch alot of fish and arent real worried about the size use chicken liver or fresh shrimp !!!! GOOD LUCK !!!