Deercam pictures

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jlingle, Aug 30, 2009.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Well, this year is gonna be dedicated to getting my son his first buck. He's 7 years old and just got his hunter education card. Oklahoma has a youth gun season that lets the kids get a big jump on everybody else, so I'm gonna do my best to get him on a buck during the early youth season. I set out a game camera along a trail, and haven't even put out a feeder yet. I got a couple pictures of one really nice 8. Yall think this 8 would work for a kid's first deer?

Attached Files:

2. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Dandy deer !

3. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Lol, I don't know, I might want to pass him up. Hahaha, wow, that would be an awesome first deer. Thanks for sharing, and good luck this season!

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If your son don't want to shoot him. Just call me up and I will lay the smack down on him. Thats 2 fine deer right there. Good luck to you and your son.

5. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Very nice.........I hope the big fella shows himself during youth season. :wink:

I am taking my 8 year old this year for his first time. He passed his hunter saftey class now he is pumped up!

Good luck!

6. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    real nice deer :wink:

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Thanks guys. My boy's pumped now. I guess it's time for some more practice time with him and my .243 I don't want him to blow his opportunity at his first deer. The little twerp shouldn't have any trouble though, he's pretty darn good with a rifle already. He's been honing his skills on beer cans and prairie dogs.

8. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    It will be very rewarding. The look on their face when they get that first buck is priceless. My daughter got her 8 pointer when she was 11yrs old. It'll make you smile!!!

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good Luck and Have fun doing it.

10. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Awesome deer! Good luck to you & your son this year. Keep us posted on how he does.

11. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I just want to say thank for taking the time to take a kid hunting.

12. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    If that doesn't get him hooked nothing will. Great looking deer genetics, is that a food plot you set?

13. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    No, that is just a trail coming into a block of woods. I don't have anything planted out there yet.

14. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Don't let that boy kill that big deer! He would be ruined.LOL It would be
    disasterous to reach the pinacle of your deer hunting at age 7. Im just
    kidding go for it. Good luck to you and your son. Great pictures of a
    very good buck.

15. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I thought I'd give yall an updated picture of this buck. He's shed his velvet now and just as impressive, if not more. It's a week and a half away from the youth rifle season, and my boy's been practicing at 100 yards several times a week. I've got a feeder set up 35 yards from a blind, and these pictures were taken by that feeder. He's been coming to the feeder, so if the neighbors don't get him I hope my son will get a crack at him. This is a wild animal though, and things do happen..... I just hope some jerk doesn't snipe him from the road or something before my boy gets his chance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Fine deer,looking forword to seeing your sons pic with that deer.

17. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats a beautiful 8 pointer. i think he would be thrilled with either of those 2 bucks in that first picture. or i know i was excited for my first buck. and he wasnt all that big. so id say if he loves the sport it wont matter how big his first kill is. i cant wait to see the picture of him poseing with that monster! good luck!

18. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I dont think it would work for his first but do you mind telling me just where this stand is and I will take a better look at it for him:wink::smile2::cool2:

19. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Aww, Ray, that's so nice of you to offer to "check it out" to be sure if his son should shoot it or not. Yep, you are one good fella!!:smile2::wink:
    I sure hope you get to post pictures of your son beside that fine buck. We're all pulling for him!!:big_smile: