deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by net man, Jul 29, 2009.

1. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    any one see or shoot a white deer

2. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    ive seen one albino in caswell county, couldnt get a shot on it it was with a group of other does, they was getting skiddish, so took a regular one lol!!! thought it was a goat when first seen it thru the thick stuff:angry:

3. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Seen a white one in Caswell a few years back. Freaked me out at first.:confused2: A buddy of mine did get a white doe a few yrs back. Don't remember the county.

John

4. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    we shot 2 this passed year not all white but alot of white spots

5. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    woulda loved to have got it but i didnt have a shot and didnt want to just wound it, man theres sum good hog huntin up there guys need to check it out, i could give ya some info on some good game land, seen two while turkey hunting this spring, and a bear:crazy: killed a big hog its posted on my pics during rifle, and missed one during bow!!!!

6. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    I've seen some here in SE Iowa. They are illeagl to shoot here though.

7. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc

I've heard good things about the hogs in Caswell. Been several years sence I've hunted there. Any info you got would be appriciated.

John

8. Someoneelse

Someoneelse New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I haven't seen one yet. They are illegal to harvest in OKlahoma with out written permission from fish and game dept.

9. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Shot at a piebald a few years back with the bow and missed it. I have seen a few white ones in WV. Seen 2 in the same field one evening with a big doe. I assumed they were twins.

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    when they have white spots all over them you should let them grow another year or so! :smile2: i have seen one piebald deer in my life and it was over 500 yards away. i thought it was an exotic or something at first. really cool, even though i didn't get a shot.

11. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    In ky they call theese piebald .

12. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have seen many piebald deer in our area and I have been able to shoot two of them on different occasions, but if you shoot one around where I live, you are going to have a lot of enemies. You don't shoot them around here, they're too neat to see.

13. MUDCAT77

MUDCAT77 New Member

State:
    WV
    i killed a solid white spike with my bow i have it mounted

14. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've never seen one yet, but sure would love to!

15. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    We had a pie-bald spike show up at the end of the season 2 years ago.
    He was seen several times. No one has seen him since. I hope he's still
    around just smarter.

16. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    There's a place in King William County Virginia on the north bank of the Pamunkey River that is covered up with Pie Balds. We shoot two or three every year off the farm. All the neighbors have them also.

17. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I had a white deer walk past my blind last years in the Jefferson National Forest. I didn't see any brown on it, but unless I miss my guess, it was a Piebald not an albino. I couldn't see the eyes too well.

18. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    I shoot all of the piebald or spotted deer I see, I don't think there good for the overall health of the heard. I have read alot about them and most of it goes back to inbreed and over population. I have buck hunted for many years and not took enough does, in the last 2 years I have started getting a little more aggressive on the slick heads. I have not seen a difference yet but in another 2 or 3 years I hope it pays off, my buck to doe ratios is way off ( 5 does to 1 buck ) I still see a few spotted deer on trail cameras. All of the spotted deer I have shoot tend to be smaller than normal does of the same age. I shoot a 8 point with apx 13" inside spread, 3 1/2 years old that only weighed 110 lbs. As far as albino deer I have never seen one in the wild, would definitely take it, that would be a true trophy. I have never seen any reports from qualified source that can prove that they pass on any of the genetics that produce that beautiful white coat and great pink eyes. Read an article on the net they said they are apx. 1 in 500,000 don't know how true that is but it seem off to me maybe a little high.

19. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    All white/albino deer are protected here but where I grew up in West Central Illinois we had a whole herd of white deer we watched everyday on the school bus. They hung around one farm in particular. Local family of wanna be boones/ outlaws/ poachers/ no accounts/ low grade/ white trash poached them all. They just took the head and capes for the most part to sell. There was 2 antlered bucks that I remember.

20. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am yet to see an albino deer and it has already been stated that it is illegal to shoot one in Oklahoma. Plus lots of people would probably get upset around here since they are pretty rare.