deer starving dying. not good, but good news.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jan 23, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I worked on a towboat for 7 years running the miss., ohio, missouri and ark. river systems. Death by starvation is immenent and somewhat cruel. It does however serve a purpose i think by allowing the toughest of the toughest to survive and reproduce. When the anti-hunters see this i hope that they can somehow reason the GOOD that ethical hunting really does. My 270 is much quicker than mother nature any way ya look at it. Plus i feed my family at the same time.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    did you listen to him. 30% of female mulies could die. he said it would be very hard for a heard to recover from that. thats not good. loosing millions in revenue from hunters cause they couldnt let them hunt a decimated heard. whats good?

be real hard to get a profile pic like yours for hunters there if they couldnt hunt wouldnt it?

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  4. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    The real shame of it all is that mulies are not doing well in comparison to
    whitetails down here in the flats. Some folks think they might be headed
    for extinction. At least they're trying to see them through the winter.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think what he was trying to say is that the ones that didn't die would be the "Best of the Best", and therefore make the herd become even stronger when it did recover.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i am seeing a lot fewer mulies than i used to, and a lot more whitetails. we don't have conditions like the video showed, i think the mulies are just being pushed out.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i understand. i was just shocked at first when i seen it. it could take decades for the heards to come back, even though it would mean the strong survive i dont think this is something hunters and sportsmen want to see, not if we can help.