Deer Season - How have you done?

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by lance, Dec 12, 2008.

1. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    How have you done ? I grew up in Clarksburg till I was 18 . I see more deer than ever now !:wink:

2. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Lance I only got out one day on Thanksgiving this year. I got a doe in the morning. Didnt get out in the evening.
    Some friends have taken a few bucks and does. A coworker's (that hunts with my brother in Hardy County) son shot a black bear tues or wed on their club. It dressed out at 175 lbs.

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad to hear you got some meat ! Horns are a little tough anyway:wink:Glad to hear about the bear harvest too.! thx for posting !

4. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Made some bolonga with it.:002::dribble:

5. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    No meat for me this year.Seems since my kids have gotten bigger I cant seem to get in the woods.

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Dropped a spike second day, my neighbor the horn hunter dropped a small 8 and gave me the meat, and my other neighbor has been wearing out the does since bow season. 4 that I have seen.

Some of the spike is in the chili tonight!:big_smile:

7. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've seen more bucks this year than ever before. The rut was awesome. I had my chance and boogered it. twice! I've had problems keeping my bow shooting right. The cables are stretching and needing replaced. But, I lost my job, moneys too tight. I just have to keep tuning it till I get the cash. I sadly shot and lost 4 does, and 1 monster buck. As far as my shooting goes, this has been the worst season ever. I have harvested 5 does so far though. had 2 of them in a chest freezer with about half a cow. While scrambling to tune and target my bow one night before a hunt in the a.m. I put a hole in it and pffffffttt. out came all the refrigerant. Now I dont even have a freezer to use. LOL. I'll get it together hopefully.......

8. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Ive managed 2 8pts and 3 does so far but its getting hard to get within bow range this late in the season.

9. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad some of my WV kin folk are getting it done ! thx for posting . What counties are you hunting ? Went home over thansgiving and there is poop all over the city parks in Clarksburg .More deer now than ever before !Keep sticking those does ! The deer pop. will get out of control ...

10. bowhunter145

bowhunter145 New Member

State:
    indiana
    one in pix got last year gettin mount back this week this year got a 8 point and doe with my gun and three does with my bow good year been doin alot of waterfowl on weekends now to busy through the week just had my first baby today if that tells u anything

11. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats on the young en ! I have a 7,6,5 year olds they say kids grow up faster than you know it . My wife is an accountant and I do most of the "raising " Your life has now become a little different !:big_smile: Sounds like this was a good deer season for you .