Deer sausage recipes needed.

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by whisker maniac, Nov 15, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    your venison sausage recipes I would like to have them if ya got some. I saw a couple in the cook book but would like to know more.

Thanks in advance.

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Kevin, I mix mine at 60% deer meat to 40% ratio pork fat. 30% is ok too. Add your favorite sausage seasoning, plus a couple cut up onions and grind 2 times. Mild is great as its liked by most people.
    The onions set it off!:wink: great taste!

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I know Jeremy "catsforuandme" posted a bunch. Pics and step by step.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Kevin,I just ground 6 lbs of venison and pork for some more venison salami,I'll get my sausage book out and post a few for you.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Chorizo-Mexican sausage

3/4 lb venison loin,cubed
    1/4 lb pork cubed
    1t salt
    2T chili powder
    1/4 t cumin
    1T minced fresg oregano
    3 cloves of garlic,pressed
    2Tcider vinegar

Mix togather all ingrediants and grind through a fine disk,cover and refridgerate overnite. Form into pattys or stuff into casongs and fry.
    This one is great mixed with scrambled eggs for breakfast.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    2 lbs boneless venison,chopped
    3/4 lb pork fat chopped
    1 small white onion,chopped
    4 large cloves,minced
    2t salt
    1t black pepper
    1t ground sage
    1/8 t file` powder
    1/2t ground thyme
    1/2 t ground nutmeg
    1/4 t ground ginger
    1/8 t ground allspice

Mix all ingrediants and grind once through a coarse grinding disc. Mix well and grind again with a fine disc. Shape into patties or form into large roll and cover with plastic wrap. Referigerate overnite and allow the sausage to firm. store in fridge up to three days or pkg and freeze.

7. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Thank you for those recipes. We looked on the internet and didn't find much of any that was to our liking. All of these so far sound really good. Thanks.

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    been a long time since I made deer sausage. I never had a homemade deer sausage recipe Couple times I bought a mix from a butcher shop. It was OK I guess.

Since I really didn't have a recipe. I mostly bought some cheap,( lot of pork fat in it ) good tasting sausage from store, mix it half and half with deer meat , and added different spice of my own that I kind of guessed at. Plus crushed red pepper.
    It turned out good.

Yea, thanks for the recipes y'all put up

I'll have to print those out..

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Some Like It Hot
    Deer Sausage Recipe
    Ingredients for approx. 132 lbs. of deer sausage
    1. 100 lbs. of deer meat.
    2. 32 lbs. of pork fat.
    3. 5 - 8oz. packages of Leggs Old Plantation pork sausage seasoning.
    4. 1 - 1 lb. Container of ground cayenne pepper.
    5. 1 - 13.5 oz. container of crushed red pepper.
    6. Sage
    7. Water

Directions​
    Mix in 4 - 25 lb. batches. Use the coarse blade for all grinding.​

Weigh 25 lbs. of de-boned deer meat. Run this through your grinder. Weigh 8 lbs. of pork fat. Run this through your grinder. Spread the meat out on a table 2 to 3 inches thick. Spread the pork fat over the meat. Open 2 packages of the sausage seasoning. Out of the first package sprinkle 1/4 over the fat then set aside. ( You will use 1/4 out of this package on each 33 lb. batch ). Out of the second package sprinkle between ½ and 3/4 over the fat. Sprinkle ground cayenne pepper over the fat until the entire top is covered. Sprinkle the crushed red pepper liberally over the top. Pour water over the top then hand mix thoroughly. Spread meat out again 2 to 3 inches thick. Sprinkle the rest of the second package of sausage seasoning over the meat. Repeat the steps above with the cayenne pepper - crushed red pepper and water. Add extra sage to taste. Hand mix thoroughly then run back through the grinder. Cook some up then adjust the ingredients to fit your taste on the next batch.

10. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    any more sausage recipes that anyone wants to share it would be greatly appreciated.

All of these so far are great and I appreciate all of ya'll that have shared them.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    pm sent. the best breakfast sausage i had was a mix from one of our former sponsers. in the archives of the diner i did a brat article.

heres the one i did. this was eastman that they sell in chain stores. there good too.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40591

12. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    5 lb ground /4tbs. Whole mustard seed /4 tbs. coarse black pepper /4tbs garlic salt /2 tbs. liquid smoke / 8 rounded tsp. tender quick curing salt .

Mix/knead cover and refrigerate . Knead/mix once a day for 3 days . On 4th day wet hands , make rolls about 2in round. Spray broiler pan with pam/cooking spray . Cook for 8 hours (turn after 4 hours ) at 150 degrees . My over only goes down to 170 degrees and it worked fine . Then wrap and freeze what you don't need right then . ENJOY !!!!!!

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR