Deer Roast

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by skawez, Feb 20, 2008.

1. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    One nice sized deer roast shoulder or rump with work

12 oz bottled beer .. i use MGD Light
    6 Oz Jack or Beam.. your preference
    2 cans Mixed veggies
    1 Onion.. cut or diced

potatoes optional you can add them before or after the soaking or not at all

put all but VEGGIES in tupperware bowl with roast and into frig for 24-36 hrs with lid the longer it sets the more tender it will be..

in the morning put all of it into a Crockpot add your VEGGIES and put on low/med depends on how long your going to be out of the house.. 6hrs on med 8-10 on low.

if you need more liquid in your pot to cover your roast water would be good now. add any spices youd like before cooking but not while soaking.

NOTE: any spices added will be abundant in flavor. Roast will wreak of alcohol. but only has a slight taste of it alcohol Proof cooks out so your ok there to serve to the kids. mine love it.

Bread and Butter almost a must Roast falls apart because its so tender makes GREAT lunch sandwich's.

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Sounds delicious, I love cooking venison roasts.
    I just might have to give your recipe a try. :wink:

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Oh man you are hurting me-4 deer and most of it roast in thy pot.......oooohhhh the agoney of it all-15lbs this winter :wink:

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After reading the title, I was beginning to think this thread was a DH basher! LOL!

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i have an arm roast off a big 12 point defrosting now for tomorrow from jan 07. i tell ya one thing. aint no piece of buck ive ever cooked couldnt be made tender. its all in the chefs hands. i love a crock pot venison roast.

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I'd love to try crock pot venison one day. I make a lot of pork roasts throughout the winter.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    come on over bro. i got deer in the freezor beer in the fridge.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    watch it Jeremey-you aint fer enough away and I love beer to:wink: