Deer missouri

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by wally_1951, Oct 25, 2006.

1. wally_1951

wally_1951 New Member

State:
    mo
    ok deer season has started for bow...got gun season in three weeks.....lets post ur best here...am looking for where, what type hunting and what you got ...good luck....i usually get two per year....dont care what it is...am thinking about being selective this year though....again good luck

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I don't bow hunt anymore although still have the equipment. Haven't got a muzzle loader so I don't hunt this season. I have heard several shots opening day across the road from me. Saw a real nice 8 point about 50 yards behind the house Monday evening. Hope he's around come modern gun season.

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    My best deer are the ones that drop within 20 yards of the truck.:big_smile: getting to old to drag,and grandson still has a few more years to go.

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm with you. I hunt the mountains here in VA. I used to walk 1/2 mile up the mountain to get to my stand. Now I scare every varmit in the woods driving my suburban within 300 yards to my stand before dawn. Stand is right on the logging road. I still manage to shoot a nice buck stupid from the rut now and then but its mainly does. I'm tickled to death when I can drive the burb within a yard or so of my deer.:big_smile:

5. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I like the ones that run up hill toward the truck or at least to an opening I can get the tractor and bush hog to. I got some nice trail cam pics. Should be a nice year. Youth Hunt opens this Saturday here and it's my nephew's first trip.

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good luck to everyone this season, be safe out there.
    I may have to get the 280 out and head up north to Judys dads farm this year as he told me there is a monster buck on the place he has been watching. He has deer all over the farm and for him to say it's a dandy it must be.

7. jga

jga New Member

State:
    missouri
    I think this is the year I'll get the big one. I found the perfect spot on private land. Hung my stand, trimmed the trees, set up my trail cam and can easily drive my truck to most areas I need to go. Only thing I need is the deer! That shouldn't be a problem though. Property owner says they saw a 16 pt. double drop tine two years ago. I'll post a picture when I get him. Happy hunting.

8. wally_1951

wally_1951 New Member

State:
    mo
    tks to all for coming back....am looking forward to it also...only vacation i take every year...and i get 6 weeks a year.....i heard that there is a big buck hanging around my area also....normally take anything that comes thru....but this year im thinkin about being selective.....also thinking about donating a lot of my meat to those of the neady...i dont really need it...im the only one that eats it....but thats the only thing i like to do is hunt and fish.....so why not...as often as i see deer layin along the highway dead...i say why not donate...there is no reason why a family should go hungry when there is so many deer out there...what do u think....?????

9. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Ditto on that donate the meat to the needy...... Good luck on that Biggun!!!!!!

10. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hunters for the Hungry was started in Big Island , VA years ago. Spread all over the place now. They have arraingements with meat processors all over that accept deer, butcher them and then the meat goes to Soup Kitchens and the needy all around. I don't remenber the exact amount last year but I think it was several 100,000 pounds of meat they processed for the needy. Great organization. Here in VA when you buy your hunting license online, you have an option at the end to donate money to help support their good work.

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I always get one for suusage first then I get selective.

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Judy and I are headed up north next week end to try and fill the freezer up with some fresh venison.
    I have been seeing bucks running all over the last week or so on the way to work. Better dig out the hunter orange and clean the rifle, I smell fresh loins cooking.......

13. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    My buddy and i are bow hunting this afternoon and tomorrow.washed all my camo in scent block and sealed in bag ready to go.just need a deer to get within range.The wind is being dificult as usual.good luck to all that are hunting.

14. wally_1951

wally_1951 New Member

State:
    mo
    well hope u luck....i cant wait...one more week b4 i start...i normally tell my uncle that i will have a deer by 9 oclock in the morning....to date i have lied...last year had a monster come thru at daylight....shot at him....but thru the bushes.....missed.....bummer...but i still got one b4 9....anyho......good luck to all...and post them here

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I'll be in the Polo, Cowgill area.

16. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    With temps predicted to be close to 80 this week, not sure how the weekend is going to turn out.....