Deer Meat As Bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by cchichy, Mar 23, 2008.

1. cchichy

cchichy New Member

State:
    Cookport,
    my dad found some old forst bitten deer meat... has anyone had luck with deer meat a bait

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    To be honest no venison gets past the family so to answer that question, no I`ve never tried it, if you do try it you might have to beat snapping turtles off of it.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Im going to use some this year im sure it will work though but I dont know untill I try it

4. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I never tryed it myself, I know a few tryed the liver with no luck at all.

5. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    A few years ago when I fishin for wallys a guy came to where I was fishin, opened a pack of frozen deer chops, cut them in chunks & I personally saw him catch about 8 channel cats on them. I tried the liver last year on about 3 or 4 outings & had no luck with it. I was getting good action on the cut chubs but not a thing on the liver. On one of the trips I had a peice of liver on for 8 hrs & when I finally took it off the hook it was still oozing blood.

6. jab677

jab677 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I am with Zeboman on this one. It would be hard to sneek any venison out for fishing with out getting scalded, lol.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yeah I third that motion :wink:! Especially the chops! Thats way to good eating to use for bait :crazy:!

8. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:big_smile:

9. chinook

chinook New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have used scraps of deer meat trimmed off steaks. I soaked them with garlic powder overnight. I have caught many eating size cats.