Deer liver?

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by channelcathunter64, Sep 11, 2006.

1. channelcathunter64

channelcathunter64 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i know deer season is coming up and i was wonderin if any of u guys had ever taken the liver out of your deer and used it for bait

2. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Ya know that sounds like a winner! Don't see how ya cud go wrong..... I usually boil the livers cut um up and give um to the dogs. High in good stuff for um.. But now you have planted a seed. I'll find out just how good it is.....

3. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    our family eats the heart and liver right away,,, maybe this year we use it for bait... the leftovers we feed to our catties in our pond.......

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i havnt used them myself,but ive heard of other people using them from the boc.they said it stayed on the hook better than chicken liver.

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Someone brings me a Deer Liver,I am going to eat it.That Catfish is going to have to find his own.To me it is the best tasting liver of any that I have eaten.Peewee-williams

6. guns sugar

guns sugar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Im with PeeWee ill eat the liver myself thanks! i soak it in milk for a few hours and fry it after dredging in seasoned flour and lotsa cooked sweet onions!!! just use chicken livers for catfish lol!!!!:big_smile:

7. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Rupert, Sgt. Rob was using some cut of deer meat that last friday we all met to get our stickers. I think Tony turned him onto it. I don't think it was liver though.

8. catman37

catman37 New Member

State:
    ohio
    deer liver sounds like it would work,give it a try and let us know how it went.