Deer liver

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by JoshB, Jun 21, 2006.

1. JoshB

JoshB New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anybody tried it?:confused2: I've got a freezer burnt one I was thinking about trying tonight

2. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I KNOW DEER LIVER KICKS ASS...SO I DONT SEE WHY DEER MEAT WOULDNT WORK...ID TRY IT...S#*T...CANT HURT...I NORMALLY PUT OUT 3 POLES WITH 3 DIFFERENT KIND OF BAITSON EM'.
    BY THE WAY, I FOUND A ALLIGATOR SOMEBODY SHOT IN THE HEAD AND CUT OFF ITS TAIL. WELL, IT HAD A COUPLE OF TAGS ON THE FRONT LEGS, SO I GRABBED IT, TOOK IT HOME AND CLEANED IT, THEN CALLED WILDLIFE AND FISHERIES AND GAVE THEM THE TAG #'S. ANYWAYS, I WASNT GONNA EAT IT, SO I WAS THINKIN BOUT USIN' IT FOR BAIT. SO ANY1 ELSE READIN' THIS...WHAT U THINK BOUT' ALLIGATOR ALSO???
    I ALSO CAUGHT SOME STINGRAYS IN THE MISSISSIPPI AND CUT 1 UP INTO CHUNKS AND GONNA GIVE IT A TRY. CAUGHT A EEL THE OTHER DAY,CUT A COUPLE OF CHUNKS OFF IT, THREW EM ON A HOOK,(IT WAS SO TOUGH IT TOOK ONE PERSON TO HOLD THE HOOK WITH NEEDLENOSE, AND ANOTHER WITH NEEDLENOSE TO PUT IT ON...UNBELIEVABLE!...i knew nothin' was gonna get that off!!! ANYWAYS...THATS WHEN MY BOY HOOKED UP ON THE 10LB BLUE CAT I PICTURED YESTERDAY...

3. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Just Realized U Missed A Letter....liver...duh...my Bad...anyways...yes, Definately,100%,110%...down In South La, People Use It To Catch Alligator And Common Snappers...best Bait Next To Lampiter;s...hope This Helps...
    Shaun

4. JoshB

JoshB New Member

State:
    Ohio
    um... yeah liveR.... not a live deer. they might be a lil to big. lol

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Might put up a fight trying to get a hook into it!

6. JoshB

JoshB New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yup, and them little friggin bluegill and turtles are gonna have problems getting it off. hehehe

well it's cut up and soaking in vanilla, garlic, and purple cool aid. I'll let yall know how it works

Josh

7. JoshB

JoshB New Member

State:
    Ohio
    anybody else tried it?

8. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That's ok, thought that was what you meant.

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I think liver from anything will work. Ive used squirrel liver, turtle, beaver and well anything I can get my hands on. Ive had my best luck using turtle liver, they loved it. Dont know if you need to soak it or not, maybe if the blood has drained out, but couldnt hurt.

10. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    I was going to say beef, chicken, squirel liver I have used but never deer. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Liver, any kind, is only good for bait. Can't even handle that evil stuff!!:0a6: :0a30:
    Don

11. JoshB

JoshB New Member

State:
    Ohio
    went out last night from 5pm till about 9am and still don't know bout the deer liver. It didn't produce, but nothing else did either. I tried deer liver, live gills, cut gills, cut shad, chicken liver, garlic chicken liver, night crawlers, and hot dogs. caught 4 channels, weighed them just for the hell of it. total weight of all 4 was 3# 7oz. One stupid little buggers some how managed to bite the point of a hook on a bluegill that was bigger than he was. Just not a good night. But I didn't get skunked:0a1:

Josh