deer hunting sucsess

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by bigmikeg, Nov 25, 2009.

1. bigmikeg

bigmikeg New Member

State:
    nebraska
    anyone been doing any good.. i didn't go yet might go do the late riffle or muzzle loader. post up some photos don't care if its the big buck or just a doe. my borther took a nice 10 point opening day then a nice looking 6 point his boy shot on sunday of the first weekend. you'd be amazed what a 500 s&w does to a deer

2. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    no pics but I took my nephew out the second day of rifle season,he shot once and dropped a little spike buck and the doe that was standing behind him,so those tags got filled,not doing any more till muzzleloader season. the .308 put both deer down hard where they stood,he was kinda mad he had a youth permit with a bonus tag and wanted something with antlers being it was his first hunt,but we'll get him going again for the smokepole season.

3. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    deer jerky.......:crazy:

4. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    them big bucks are only good for jerky,give me a spike or young doe any day for eating.

5. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I've seen about a dozen photos of some 7x7, 6x5, 5x5, mule deers out here. I don't care what anyone says but I would hunt a mule deer before anything else. If I could hunt that is.

Muley's are some BIG deer.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Here's a couple of pics of the one I would like to kill!!

Attached Files:

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    A few more of some decent bucks. Check out the 9 ? pointer, chasing the coyote!! Pretty cool.

Attached Files:

8. bigmikeg

bigmikeg New Member

State:
    nebraska
    them are some nice looking deer. is that form your trail cam? a mule deer hunt would be fun. i'd like to take one with my 500 my brother and son took their deer with one now it's my turn.

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yes it is! I just started using a trail cam this year and can't believe the pics I have so far. It's really cool seeing the different deer on the property I hunt. At least it gives me a better idea what I might be dealing with. So far I haven't got the opportunity to harvest a deer yet. The corn harvest has been set back for weeks, due to wet conditions. The corn is still in the field where I hunt, but hoping soon, it will be cut. Went hunting last night and seen 1 Fork-Horn buck at dark and got drawn on a coyote, before he pinned me in the tree. Yes, coyotes are sly critters and are very hard to kill with a bow. Never shot one before with a bow. Be a true trophy in itself!! Hoping to connect on a nice buck or doe here soon. Thinking the late season shows promise this year.

Trail cam used: Cuddeback Capture 3.0 incadescent flash

10. bigmikeg

bigmikeg New Member

State:
    nebraska
    i bought a nice digital one a couple years ago. some arse hole found it barrowed it never brought it back had it out less than 1 day:angry::angry::angry:
    never did get a new one. my brother caught some tresspassers with his about 5 years ago

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yeah! Did my homework on what kind of trail cam to purchase and found the Cuddeback was user friendly and offers great pics. Got it for a birthday present and I'm overjoyed at the pics I'm getting with it. Hoping know one rips mine off. Thankfully, the area I hunt is in the sticks somewhat and receives little to no hunting pressure at all. Looking at the place you wouldn't believe there's that many deer in there. Sparse cover, but has all the ammentites a deer could ask for. Food, water and CRP grass for cover and some tree cover. Luckily my relatives own the land!!

12. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask