Deer Hunting Numbers

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by chewy, Nov 3, 2009.

1. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    Just wanted to start a thread for this year's numbers so far. I shot a doe at the house, went into the woods and found a good blood trail. Followed the blood trail until it ended. Problem was there was no deer, just fresh boot prints at the end of the blood. I hope who ever it was enjoyed taking food off of my family's table. Ok enough sob story, lets see some reports:smile2:

2. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Went out twice this year and tagged a large doe each time. So, with two in the freezer, it's back to fishing.

3. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I haven't hunted for 18+ yrs, got 2 deer though, a friend called and asked did i want them and now they are in the freezer. My wife got 2 last yr with the car, one was over 200 lbs and the 1 that run off was bigger than that, i know he was $7000 big cause that is what it cost to fix the car.

I fish yr round:big_smile:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Wow! that musta been a quick sonofagun to beat you to your deer! Amazing! Hate to hear it, but you'll get another one.

Bill in SC

5. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    went out for the second time this year last Saturday sat from day break to about 9 as we were leaving my partner was coming in he sat in my stand 1 hour later he calls me to help him rake out an 165lb 8 point just my luck.

6. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    One 8pt and 3 nannies

7. SHELLCAT

SHELLCAT New Member

State:
    Georgetown,S.C.
    I HAVE BEEN SEVERAL TIMES-NOT EVEN PULLED THE TRIGGER YET-BUT MY BOYS HAVE ELEVEN BETWEEN THE TWO OF THEM--PUT A COUPLE IN THE FREEZER AND GAVE A FEW TO FOLKS AND FRIENDS-THINK I WILL JUST FISH--LOL

8. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    6pt killed with muzzle loader

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  9. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    130lb 3 pt:big_smile: i go friday too sunday

10. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    4 point this morning.

Attached Files:

11. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Man what a fork horn. Good job.

12. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Yeah, it had a 15 inch spread. It's the widest 4 point I've seen.

13. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I haven't taken the safety off the rifle yet this season but I've been seeing lots of doe with yearlings. I hope to go in the morning because I want a buck this year. The coyote have been heavy in the area I hunt and the deer have been more scattered than usual. Good luck to everybody and stay safe.

14. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    I'm sorry about some getting your deer,:angry: i have gotton three buck and tag three does best year ever:smile2:. Maybe i will get one more this year.

15. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Mr Norton you are having a good year. Do you fish??

16. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hate to hear about someone taking your deer. Hard to imagine unless they just didn't know you were looking.

Here's 3 of the 6 my wife and I have taken this year. This was her first deer ever. She sat by herself and took advantage of her first shot. I think it was a lot harder for me to get him tied to the tree than it was for her to make the shot.:wink:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  17. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    In SC I have taken two does and one 16" buck that weighed in at 160 pounds.

I took a my biggest buck ever in Canada last week. A 250 pound 10 pointer that netted in the 140's. Great trip.

I need one more doe for the freezer and I should be set!! :wink:

18. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Dean i haven't done much fishing lately:smile2: but i will get back in to fishing:cool2:as soon as the deer hunting is over:big_smile:

19. racinrodes88

racinrodes88 New Member

State:
    Marion, SC
    havent been on much grandmother was in hospital then passed away this week. looks like hunting is going well for lots of people this year. My wife shot a 3 pt and i have shot 4 does and a 9 point so season and freezer look good this year. Havent done any fishing since season started but have a tourny on dec 5th might hit that one up and start back after jan 1st

20. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Monday Nov 9th I put two doe on the ground in less than a minute. Five walked out and I had to take two. I saw nine that morning, all doe but one button buck.