Deer Hunter Lost in Union is found safe

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by sarSWAMPFOX, Oct 18, 2007.

1. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Yesterday SAR teams were called out to try to locate a 51 yr old lost hunter in Union County. He was found in good condition after being in the woods for over 12 hrs. We used ATV teams as well as K-9 teams. Thanks to all who assisted in the search. Union is well known for its large areas of public land for hunting, and this brings in a lot of hunters from out of state. Each year we have an average of 6 lost hunters. So thanks agian to all volunteers who help in the efforts to locate these hunters.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    What is a SAR team?

3. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    James I think it means SEARCH an RESCURE

4. stinkbaitguy

stinkbaitguy New Member

State:
    south carolina
    James LOL,ya know its search and rescue.Dont take me the wrong way Im just poking fun:big_smile_2:

5. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Jerry your bunch did better than we did,more that 30 years ago we got called out to look for a lost out of town hunter.A lot of guys came over from his home town to help look for him and I walked many miles over 2-3 days leading a team of them spread out through the woods looking for him with no luck.More than 20 years later someone found his bones,they think he had a heart atack after he sat down on a log to rest.On that first day of the search I walked with in 25 feet of that log but didn't see him.

6. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Jim, not all of my search operation have turned out as good as this one did. I've been a part of Search And Rescue teams for 17 years now and have seen some bad ones. But any time I get all my guys in and out safe as well as the lost person it's well worth it.

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My hat is off to you fellas...I know your job has to be tough facing difficult and stressfull situations real glad to hear a happy ending insteaad of a bad one.

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Glad he was found safe. I have a buddy that works for Union County EMS. They get several calls throughout the season.

9. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Jerry there is a 68,000 a lake here so it was the drownings that always got to me and when it was a kid it was tough.I guess the good ones do some what make up for the bad ones.3 Lost duck hunters in a boat off in the middle of a bad swamp,the weather turned real bad,cold,wet and high winds but after 2 days of looking we found them and they had pulled the boat up on a dry spot and turned it upside down for a shelter and used outboard gas to start a fire so when we found them they were hungry but dry and warm.