Deer herd management

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by dougc, Oct 6, 2009.

1. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
  2. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    I'm still thinking, I DON'T know what to say:embarassed:

3. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    if these guys are making money off this I'm gonna strap a camera to my truck...cause every 5 minutes I gotta slam on the brakes...but I do my best not to hit em...looks like there going full throttle....thats not how we do things around here:confused2:

4. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    If these guys are really killing deer this way i'd sure like to meet them so i could 1 turn them in and 2 knock their damn teeth out,lol.very unsportsman like

5. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    That makes me very angry. People like that need an intelligence adjustment.

6. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama

I got you back, side and front this is just not right

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ERRRR ! How can they post this video and not get imprisoned and fined ? ! Maybe they need run down ....This is the kind of stuff that Animal rights activist feed on .:angry:

8. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    From the Dnr.state.Illinois. at least thats were his auto tags say. And you noticed there is no contact use link.

Hunting Deer with Dogs, Horses, Vehicles,
    Boats and Aircraft​
    It is unlawful to ​
    use a dog, horse, automobile,

aircraft, boat or other vehicle to take deer.

WHAT TO DO IF YOU FIND A DEER THAT WAS KILLED​
    /INJURED BY
    A MOTOR VEHICLE AND YOU WISH TO CLAIM IT

White-tailed deer killed/injured as a result of a collision with
    a motor vehicle may be legally possessed by an individual if the
    following criteria are met:
    1.The driver of a motor vehicle involved in a vehicle-deer
    collision has priority in possessing said deer. If the driver does
    not take possession of the deer before leaving the collision
    scene, any citizen of Illinois may possess and transport
    the deer.
    2.[I] There is no limit to the number of deer that may be possessed[/I]
    under these circumstances. :crazy:

I don't know how this act would fall under, but it is unethical behavior in my mind.

9. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    I can't beleive that! What a P.O.S.!!:angry:

10. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Thanks Doug...vids...makes you wonder if some people have any brains...I think that I would like to chase some of these guys with my truck, but nobody would want them after their hit:angry:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I couldn't load the videos, but it's probably just as well. I looked at the photos & read "Mr Commanders' Home Page"! Y'all are right; these are just the kind of insensitive morons that give hunting a bad name. And, if he has really "mowed down" that many deer, you can bet people have seen it happen. Oh my gosh, it just makes my blood boil!!!
    And how dare he call his site Deer Gone Wild!!! It would be better if it were called Morons on the Loose!!!!!
    Agggghhhhhhh.......okay, I'll shut up now. :0a6::0a6::0a6:

12. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Roxie, the videos would not open for me either. But, if they show someone intentionally running deer down then I am glad I didn't see them. Maybe the state has taken some action to halt his site and possibly give him a ride downtown.
    I hit a deer once at night. It just came up out of a ditch and jumped right in front of me. noting I could do. I really messed him and my truck up. I was so mad about that. Nothing I could have done. But to do it deliberately. That is just a sorry person.

13. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Well I dont know if anything they are doing is illegal as far as game laws, and you can call me a NARC if you want to, but I just called the hotline and emailed the DNR. They are checking the website now and supposed to do a followup tomorrow. Im not above reproach in everything Ive ever done but I couldnt sit by knowing something like that was going on and not do something. Ive never been one to sit on the sidelines or ride shirt tails.

14. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Thanks Doug for sharing the web sight thats the kind of stuff that peta strive to get.

15. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    To me some of that footage looks like its set up camera tricks if you notice the last few deer on the 2nd video they just appear right in front of the truck in the middle of the road. I could be wrong. If I am they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Regardless just to put this crap on for others to view it or sell it is wrong in itself. :angry:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  16. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    I have looked at it again and I don't think it is real, also read the disclaimer on the web page:sad2:

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    While I would love a similar law here,I dont think that abusing it is a good thing. We have to call in to the state PD,who then contacts the G&F,then they do their thing,and you can get on a list to get road kill if its called in.