Deer Gun Season

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by jason454ci, Nov 26, 2006.

1. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Well once again deer season is upon us Ohio brothers. I wish all of you to have a good and safe season. Lets see those pics and here the stories of this years season. Good luck to all.

2. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I didn't get any pics, but I did get a small racked 8 point. Nice size body though. It was running at a steady pace and I dropped it where it stood.

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Congrats Josh! I got a nice sized doe today. Hopefully will get some more this weekend. Gotta go do the work thing the rest of the week.

4. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    good to see that some buddys of mine get to go hunting while I am stuck out in Il. doing that work thing maybe I will get lucky this weekend when I take my son out

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Good luck to you and Kelly this weekend Brian. Hope both of you get one. There is no shortage of them this year.

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got a nice six point yesterday. I wish I could have got the one I had seen in the past few weeks but with the hunting pressure in my area I'll take what I can get. I have went too many years not even able to fill a tag.

7. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Glad to hear you got one Roger. I'll take any of them, they all look the same in the freezer.

8. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's what I like to hear! I hear a lot of guys say they didn't get one all because they wanted that buck:lol: I don't hunt any more, but if I did, I would be looking for meat first.....yum yum

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Good luck to you guys be careful out there :go:

10. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Yeah them bucks look good on the wall, but I tell you them horns sure don't go thru the grinder very well. Not to mention no matter how you cook em they don't get tender at all. lol

11. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I'm in it for the delicious meat. I look for the rack at first, but when I see no sign of em, I'm game for almost any deer.

12. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Y'all are brave souls! You ever look at some of the people that traipse around the woods with a gun?!?!?! That telemarketer dude that has his face painted like rambo? That pimply faced teenager that gets bullied in school? Unless I had private property to hunt on, I would be A1 skeered! :wink:

13. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That is part of why I don't hunt any more:cool2: Only property I have to hunt on is public. :sad2:

14. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Even if you are on private property you have to still keep a good eye out for people who sneak in and try to hunt. I have run hunters of before where I hunt.

15. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    I killed Bambie's mom Monday at 5:00 pm. Long warm day. I needed my bermuida shorts and beach umbrella!?!?!? Eventhough I'm sure glad I'm not out this am, it's 12 deg F. here now. Last Monday it was 60!

Hunters were moveing deer everywhere and even though I have my own land I know the driving b@stards pushed through the back side of my land. I never sit on the ground durning gun season anymore unless I have no chose. A fence and a posting means nothing anymore!!!

16. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Well I got ready and me and Tyler headed over to Dads and was about to walk into the woods when my brother stopped me and told me that one of Dads 70 yr old friends baited a big pile of corn and salt lick where I hunt and to be carefull..Well we all know thats ilegal and un -sportsman like soooo..we headed up to the thicket and did even see anything..my brother got a 17 point though ! frickin huge!
    Im going out the 16th though ..so wish me luck

17. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Good luck to ya DJ. Hope you get one. I will be heading back out this weekend also.

18. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Well went out day and all though I had to use my brothers gun ..due to mine being in need of repair!
    Anyway we sat and sat and sat ..you all know the deal. so went went in for lunch and got back in the field around 3 and saw 8 does and took a shot at them but unless there tuffer then any other deer Ive every seen I missed , and Tyler did as well...BUCK FEVER BABY!
    So Muzzelloader season is coming up ..wish me luck again !

19. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Didn't have any luck today either. Man they must have been bedded down tight. We didn't see many at all. Did shoot me a real nice crab apple tree thought I made a good hit on it but couldn't find it. lol. Headed back out in the A.M. Good luck to ya DJ come muzzleloader season sure hope ya end up with some meat.

20. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I'm thinking about making a trip to the Wooster area next year. Is this area known to have large bucks?