Deer drives

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ole whiskers, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ole whiskers

ole whiskers Guest

What are some of the ways of driving deer to the standers?

2. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    We usually place the standers on one end of a draw or thick ditch on the upwind side of the pushers and just walk em out. This can be a very effective way to bag a biggun ecspecially after the pressures been on. Thats how i got my pb a 147inch typical 10. Just my two cents

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Nothing special here, of course we don't do big drives. Ours consist simply on all persons stand hunting for the better portion of the morning, then at a predetermined time one or two of us will begin to move very slowly towards the other hunters. This will get them moving, but typically they will move at a walk

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    use to drop off standers and then turn the beagles loose but club voted to stop dogging and now we dont realy hunt we just climb trees and kill.

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Weve pulled off two man drives before. One guy gets set up where we try to drive while the other busts the brush from the other side. Surprised me when it worked.

6. wildhunter066

wildhunter066 New Member

State:
    missouri
    make sure and use the wind in your favor it makes i huge difference. The wind should be in the standers face and at wthe walkers back. Make sure the walker stomp out every thick area in ur drive and have them walk in a zig zag pattern. Those big bucks will sit tight and let the drivers walk right past them. Good Luck