deer creek

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hunted, Aug 18, 2008.

1. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    just letting anyone who fish deer creek know this.

i called the game warden and asked him how far the 1000 feet from the spillway was before you could cast net.he said as long as anyone is on the opposite side of the 2nd handicap fishing spot,then you would be fine.
    thought i would let ya all know.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for the info!

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the info Hunted!! How are you doing at Deer creek?

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Was thinking about this thread an thought I'd add a comment here. I used to fish deer creek many years ago. I caught some pretty nice saugeyes,carp real nice,an some channel cats in the spillway. Once seen a spoonbill caught there which was an awesome site!

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    haven't done as good as i would have liked.thanks to all the crazy weather.
    i have never caught ayn spoonbills outta there,but have gotten a couple of 4 pound saugeyes and some small channels.have snagged some big carp fishing for saugeyes with jigs,lol

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I can relate to your catch there myself real well. It has always been smaller channels for some reason there. I know some nice ones are in that area just hard as heck to catch them.

7. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    thanks for telling me for telling me that because ive been throwing mine just right behind the bridge there anyone doing any good there lately

8. buckeyecat

buckeyecat New Member

State:
    ohio
    Was at the spillway today.
    Seen a real small channel caught......I stayed for 2 hours then went to the beach with my wife.

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    not letting any water out of the dam doesn't do it a bit of justice

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sure are alot of small channel cats in the spillway area. Now where did the big ones go to,,,

11. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    i do some of my best for bigger channels on old 207 in the spring and again in the fall.especially when the shad hatch and come out of the creek in the early summer,it can be a mad house.if we get a good rain this weekend and get the current flowing,old 207 sould be on fire if the current is pretty aggressive,they love it.

rocky fork is the same way when clear creek is running pretty hard into the lake also.