deer creek

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by selfishboy22, Jul 14, 2009.

1. selfishboy22

selfishboy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i am fishing there for the first time ever there, july 25th. it will also be my first time on a boat and first ever tournament. any advise? as i have only caught one catfish ever in may at madison lake. i just got some secret 7 dip bait from team catfish, what else should i use? thanks in advance.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey I wish you luck in the tournament. Never really had much success on deer creek as far as big cats altho I have caught several smaller ones. I'm sure that there are some here that fish there regularly an will assist on the types of baits an area's to try fishing from.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009

3. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would use shad and some gills, live or cut. I have caught some decent ones there, the biggest was a 17 lb flathead.If you are in a boat go north of the marina and fish the east side of the lake. Hope this helps.

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i wouldn't concentrate too much effort on flats,they are very far and few in between.

btw,congrats on the 17 out of there,ed

you can catch channels at night in front of the swimming area,i have not caught anything there over a couple of pounds,though.

your best bet,imo,would be to get into the channel in a little deeper water and find some cover in it.that or fish the rocks around the dam,there are some nice channels that have been taken from there also.

5. selfishboy22

selfishboy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for the advise. the buckeye catfish anglers tourney for that day has been cancelled. oh well i will fish there sometime soon i hope. they cancelled the rest of the tourneys as well. might try to go to the deer creek assoc. tourney on aug. 1st.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    That's disappointing. Makes you wonder what happened. keep us informed on this please.