Deer Creek Spillway, 8/4 Early

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by teaysvalleyguy, Aug 3, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am gonna hit the Spillway early tomorrow. Feel free to come out and BS a little. We got some shad from Tuesday frozen and will bring em with me for bait. If anyone wants to meet me just hollar. Will be there early, like probably 5:30am or so.

Tea

2. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Goodluck fishing tomorrow Matt hope ya catch a big-un.

3. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Me too, LMAO. Thanks alot man.

4. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Let me know where the spillway is. I am netting shad tonight at 9pm to fish until the early morning. What I wouldn't mind doing is bringing the fresh bait out there and wetting a line as soon as we dock the boat from hoover. I will bring my share of the catch out too we can take some pics. Let me know directions or location so I can come out man.

Ben

5. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Ben it is outside of Williamsport and Mount Sterling. Not sure of an easy way to tell ya to get there, used to all the back roads.

Let me see if I can find a link to the state park and you may be able to Mapquest it.

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
  7. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    got directions man. bout an hour off of columbus....not bad. Your little brother can damn sure toss that net. I am gonna start throwing mine like a frisbee too instead of the opposite. I was reading about it and the manual said to throw it with my right hand similar to a discus type of throw. the frisbee style seems to work best that net opened perfectly. Hope to see you there, will do my best to find the place. How is the fishing there usually?

8. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good Luck, Tea. We just got pounded with rain and high wind here. Looks like Columbus will get some soon.

9. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey matt have you done any good at Deer a buddy went there and said it was a waste of time all he was catch is small channels all night?

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    With rain tonight the spillway will be open. Hopefully they will be biting. Who knows though, no luck yet this year. Fished it twice.

11. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    matt i will be there. i'll just call when i get down that way.

12. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck over there tomorrow Matt!!

13. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Am going right now to get the liver so the shrimp can start soaking in the blood. Don't have any night crawlers or anything but I am gonna hit some catalpa trees to check for worms here in a few with the flashlight. I didn't get out tonight to fish so I never netted shad. I may try to net some when we get down there or I may run 30 min to hoover real fast. Right by the damn you can nail them and get 10 to 15 per cast each time. I think the people feeding the ducks and geese draw em in or something...who knows.

14. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    ben do you want to ride with me down? where do you live
    pm me

15. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    I pm'd you about 25 minutes after you pm'd me. We can ride together. I will try to text message you around 430 am just to let you know that I am good to go. I live off henderson road in columbus but I can meet you anywhere. That way we can split gas. Heck I will drive too but only fish with my little dakota...have a jeep too but that is the no fishy smell vehicle.

Ben

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys I just checked the lake levels, they are not letting hardly any water out thru the dam at deer creek.

17. cashcobra

cashcobra New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hope you tear em up, and of course tell us all about it.

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well how did the trip go fellas?

19. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just got home, had a good time meeting Ben for the first time.

2 channels were caught but that is all we targeted. One on Shrimp and one on Shad Filets.

We got some sun, Rob and Ben had fun with the castnets. LMAO

I took some pics and video, will get em up later, work called and I got to close a loan.

Hope to hook up and fish with yall again soon.

20. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO