Deer Creek Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ec43146, Jun 4, 2009.

1. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went to the lake to catch some shad, after tearing my net up I watched a guy tearing up channels at the marina, one was over 10 lbs.

2. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I was at deercreek last night and caught nothing even close to ten pounds, that actually would be about four pounds bigger than anything
    I've ever caught out of there. On the otherhand we did catch 33 fish in four hours, all small with the biggest weighing in at 4-8. All fish were caught drifting in about 19 feet of water,which I thought was pretty deep for channels right now. Cut shad was the only bait we used.

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    ec right now you can get a crap load of shad out of the creek off old 207.follow it til it dead ends and take the right to the creek.you can pretty much throw your net below the riffles there and on down without tearing up your net.

after the shad leave the creek and head back to the lake,if ya got a boat,you can unload at the dock by the marina and head straight across the lake.now if ya take a left,follow the bank and there is a spot where it looks like there is a small sandy beach.we used to get a ton of shad from there also.

i caught a 12 outta there.the water was up and the current was flowing at old 207 pretty good.got the 12, a 10, couple of 7's and a 9.never could repeat a night like that,lol

4. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    The mouth of the Marina between those two rip-rap points? Mmmhmm. VERY underrated. That's the channel cat freeway right there........

5. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I tried the riffles for a 1/2 hr, no luck so went to the marina. I forgot about the anchors for the docks, it was totally my fault.:sad2:

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    you can throw yoour cast net at the spillway after the 2nd handicapped fishing area also.i called the warden last year and he said it was fine from that point and beyond.

7. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How bad is it in the spillway, have never tried there?

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    not too snaggy there,i have thrown a few times and not tore my net up,,,,,,yet

9. selfishboy22

selfishboy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I will be fishing my first ever fishing tournament there, July 25th. Any advise? I am just doing it for fun with a friend. I am just starting a fishing in general. I have a zebco hawg seeker 303 spincast rod/reel combo with 20lb test line. I am so excited about this tourney, wish my partner and I good luck.

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:

depends on the time of day you are going.but,i would definitely get me some shad to fish with.

you fishing from a boat?

11. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would go north of the marina and fish some of the coves on the east side of the lake. You can't fish them from shore and a pretty good spot. Shad is the real deal, especially fresh. Good luck and welcome to the BOC.