Deer Count

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by flathead willie, Oct 13, 2007.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been bow hunting twice this year. Last Saturday I saw 9 deer (5 does, 4 bucks) and yesterday afternoon I saw another 7 (5 does, 2 bucks) for a total of 16 so far. I thought it would be interesting to try to keep a running count of deer seen while hunting, (I saw another 5 on the drive home but I don't count them). Anyone else interested in keeping track, post your sightings here. This could get very interesting.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I seen a couple on the tracks the other day. They must have been resting. Do they count.

3. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    went out last night,at 5 oclock looked up to see a really nice buck rubbing a tree,he walked off and did not offer a shot.i look for deer wherever i go this could be fun.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    the first day i went bowhunting i saw 7 whitetails and one mule deer, the second day i saw 6 whitetails and two mule deer, total of 16 deer this season. saw a gigantic mulie buck on the way out, but he doesn't count. hopefully i see him next time, and take him home to dinner!

5. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    hey billie, went out this morning to the same spot where i saw the big buck rubbing the tree.had bucks all over me,i never saw a doe,before 830 am i had 5 bucks go by all of them small.at nine i had to get down to go my sons football game .before i left 2 more bucks chased each other by my stand making it a total of seven bucks before 9 am.

6. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    hmmmmm lets see now... 0 deer3 saturdays ago,0 deer 3 tuesdays ago,0 deer last night...

wow! ive seen Zer0 deer!

7. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    10/6- 0 deer
    10/8- 14 deer(0 bucks 6 yearlings and 8 does)
    10/12- hunted 5:30-700 3 deer(2 does 1 buck)
    10/13-8 deer (5 does 1 buck 2 yearlings)

8. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    sounds like you better change locations cody,good luck.

9. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    i actually see deer there and the most well used trail in the place goes right by my stand but just havent had time to hunt on the prime days yet.

10. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Lets see four days early muzzleloader season in Kansas two small bucks and a doe,

So far Bow season in MO saw 5 does/fawns first trip out then zero the next 5 trips before Sat, saw six does/little ones and finally able to bring one home. nice mature Doe. With meat in the freezer its time to get serious. Good luck to all out there

11. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I counted up the sightings in my hunting log...since the end of September I have seen 16 does and 2 bucks in 3 trips out to the 100 acres that I hunt. Hot weather is definitely affecting the herd movement, when things cool down more permenantly I expect to see alot more. I'll keep it updated.

12. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    almost caused a wreck yesterday morning.on my way to work near the river bottoms saw a really nice buck standing in a soybean field ,i tried to turn around to get a better look to much traffic.

13. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    I've seen 29 from the stand so far. 6 bucks and the rest does.

14. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Saturday, October 20, 3 adult does and 3 yearlings.

15. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    I saw 5 more does yesterday for a total of 34 so far. Still no good shots.

16. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I saw three does and two yearlings in one group yesterday... no bucks. They were headed my way along a ridge when some jackass slammed his cardoor. They immediately went off the ridge away from the sound. Some people never learn....:confused2:

17. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I have seen 27 so far only 1 real nice one, 9 pointer. I haven't gotten one, missed 2.
    Chip

18. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I hunted all day today and only saw 2 does. That brings total to 29 so far that I've seen.
    Chip

19. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Saturday October 27...two more does...killed them both...total for three days hunting....5 adult does and 3 yearlings

20. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    hunted all day 10/22 - 5 bucks, 12 does and yearlings
    hunted till 11 on 10/23 - no bucks, 20 does and yearlings

will be back at it on 11/4 and 11/5

Good luck to all!