Deer Camp

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Katmandeux, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    The countdown starts tomorrow.

We will be mowing/trimming out roads, and getting food plots ready for planting. The ice storm and high water have made a pretty good mess of things.

What are you doing? Got any pics of your camp?

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I am ready for deer camp this year. :big_smile: I am putting up a few stands this weekend and doing some early scouting. I can't wait :smile2::smile2:

3. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    we work all year, we clean up in early spring to make it easier. you only have to make a quick walk thru for new briars and weeds. as far as food plots we try to add a few feet every year. right now we are working on a new stand for my wife. she hunts but has only seen very few deer. so maybe we will hook her up this year. wish her luck. good luck to yall git ya a biggun

4. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I like to do as much work as I can on the deer lease in January, right after season closes, it's cool to cold, the aint aint bitein yet, and it gives me somthin to do, adter deer season, Then when August comes around all I have to do is bush hog, disck, andplant, and kill WASP nests.

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
  6. Localhero813

Localhero813 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just remember
    What happens at deer camp, stays at deer camp.!!!:wink:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Don't ya just love deer camp? Where hunters spend a fortune on getting themselves scent free.......then spend the night before deer season around a camp fire, eating BEANS!

8. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    We are going down next weekend. We talk to the guy that lives down in south Ohio. He told us he has been seeing deer allover a lot of does an small bucks. An some good size ones

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Here's a few from my camp.

Attached Files:

10. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Nice camp. How many members?

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It varies, usually no more than 15-20 at one time. It's not really a membership type camp. There are a couple of paying customers, but most of us are personally invited by the owners. This fall will be my 11th year there.

12. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    You are lucky. I belong to a large club in north La. about 7500 ac. 75 members that does not include their families that are old enough to hunt. $700 a yr plus any assessments they come up with. Must be 250 4 wheelers. Deer are nocturnal by Nov. 1. But we do run dogs beginning Dec. 15

13. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    There are 7 of us in a lease that we found, it's timber company land, only 280 acres but surrounded by miles of national forest land. It's 75 miles from home, close enough to come in if needed, far enough not to be bothered unless necessary. We don't take "DEER CAMP" too seriously, we eat very well, kick back, sleep late if we want and enjoy. All of us have have a lot better hunting at home, but we go there for "DEER CAMP". We do our serious hunting at home before and after "DEER CAMP".We've been thinking of moving "DEER CAMP" to after deer season so we didn't have to put up with all them "hunters", sometimes they wake us up before the crack of 10:30 AM, must be locals cause they ain't from a real "DEER CAMP" or they wouldn't be up running around and shooti'n at those times if they were.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/?action=view&current=06deercamp8.jpg

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/?action=view&current=06deercamp2.jpg

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/?action=view&current=06deercamp1.jpg

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/?action=view&current=06deercamp9a.jpg

Oh, yes, there's a 3550 acre lake by the lease

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/3006/?action=view&current=06deercamp4a.jpg

14. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yeah...Suuurrree it does...unless you're a woman & you screw up!! Then everybody knows!! Ha!:smile2:

15. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sam, nice camp! Roughing it, yeah!! I'll have to post some pics this year of our camp; I've made some pictures, but they were all on my "film" camera.
    Randal, I think we hunt in an area close to you, & you're right. Those deer are nocturnal in no time. You can see all kinds of sign, but the big bucks become ghosts. I've got one big-footed boy that's been haunting me for 3 years. He comes right by my box stand; a regular trail. I've even put out a trail camera & never gotten a picture of him!! Drives me crazy.....but keeps me goin'!:wink:

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Good God! What kinda idiots are those locals? Not to mention the time, but even the fact of their shooting! Don't they know somebody or something could get hurt? Guns should never be allowed even near a deer camp.
    Thanks why catfishers make good deer hunters. We're already a tad odd.

17. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kutter: Deer camp. That looks like Motel Eight. Might as well take your Tux and order out.

18. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You and Kutter must belong to the same Country Club. Where is the 2 ft of snow, the sleeping bags in tents, some real trees. Especially would like to see a real deer. Those things Kutter had are close, but no cigar. I didn't even see a deer in your pictures. Roxie had the only thing that looked like a deer.

19. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kutter: Deer camp. That looks like Motel Eight. Might as well take your Tux and order out.

20. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Roxie, that's just Buddy, with a real big deer foot, messin with you.:smile2: