deer camera information please

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by puppypal, Aug 22, 2008.

1. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    My son has saved enough $ to buy a specific deer camera to put of course at Deer camp. He is wanting a Cuddleback Trail Camera (Capture) 1st off, I would love to know if these are good ones and what to buy to keep anyone from stealing the thing right off the tree? Any information would be appreciated. See he worked in the heat at the ballpark last summer and man it would bite if as soon as he put the thing out it was stolen....Thanks Again

2. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    i'm not too sure about the cuddebacks, but i do know about securing them. bass pro sells cables and locks that you can put on your camera to secure them to the tree, and to lock the camera itself. i'm pretty sure cabelas has them too. i don't remember how much off hand they cost, but they weren't too much.

3. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Cuddebacks are top of the line, I use Moultrie 4.0's, about $100 and have had great luck with them, Always wanted a Cuddeback, but for the price, I'd rather have 3 of the 4.0's than just 1 Cuddeback. I know several folks with Cuddebacks and they are one of the best trail cameras out there, great battery life and sharp pictures. Cabela's and most other outdoor suppliers sell metal, lockable cases for trail cameras.

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Cuddebacks are the best. Tell him to keep working so he can buy me one. :smile2:

5. SLIM80

SLIM80 New Member

State:
    alabama
    make sure u go digital and buy a memory card also they sell a security box about 40$