deer and turkey classic illinois

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jan 22, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well its time again. anybody heard a date yet? usually in mid feb. be neet to see all the deer again. think there were over 600 mounts last year as well as sheds and skull plates. i cant wait. got some extra cash saved up this year. be buying some additions for the processing part. and all that free chew,lol that i usually give away.

had one i mounted there last year. be a couple this year. did a few friends deer they will be taking to get scored.

2. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    where is it held?

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    its held at the interstate center in bloomington on route 9 west just behind the walmart.

its fri sat sun with a big buck contest. hundreds of new hunting calls accessories ,seminars, byron ferguson is usually there shooting things like lifesavers, and moving clay targets and even a flying clock radio blinfolded with a long bow. its a great time. i usually am there every day 4-5 hrs each. they have food drinks and even beer.:wink:

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i learned how to fillet a deer off the carcus all in one peice each side and seperate and cut all totally boneless. he will be there. hes a meat cutting genious. bill hesselgrave. get his video if ya deer hunt. youll never take another to processor. shows how to remove lymph nodes everything to wrapping. sells knives at great prices. boning knives and such.

there are processing equiptment dealears selling seasonings casings grinders ect.... all kinds of treestand dealers and such. atv's. you name it for hunting its there.

you can take any buck from any year and enter it in the contest. doesnt have to be big. just tell them you want it scored and entered and you get a 3 day pass for $15 and get it scored too. other wise its $10 per day.

5. Blue Bruiser

Blue Bruiser New Member

State:
    St Louis, Missouri
    FEB 15-17

Gateway Center

Collinsville Illinois

You can bet I will be there..... Still haven't had a chance to attend one of these shows....

Hope This Helps Guys...

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

IN BLOOMINGTON IL. is where this one is held, Haven't been up since I moved out Jer, it sure is quite the show that is for sure. You mean you don't score them yourself?, heck ya do everything else I would have guessed you were a scorer. LOL on the free chaw, get your admin money back and then some if they still do it like in the past just on the chaw......

8. Bjorn

Bjorn New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'll be going to the Iowa one here in a month or so. I actually have a taxidermist trying to get me to take my buck there. I don't think I will.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i get 15 cans or so chew over the 3 days. usually wrap all up and find a friend looking for a good whole sale deal. $1 can.

ya i can rough score them. its just these get officially scored and we all want the 3 day pass.