Deer and cows

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Mi11er, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I saw the funniest thing scouting yesterday. On the drive home we saw cows chasing deer. It was amazing, if the cows could have caught them I think they would have stomped a mud hole in them. Has anyone seen this before? I don't know if the cows don't like them eating thier corn or what but it was interesting. We sat there for a while and watched them, the cows didn't stop until the deer jumped the fence. Maybe it was mad cow disease:eek:oooh:

2. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Words out chic-filet was sceening a new eat more chicken ad and the cows were not invited:eek:oooh:

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Many years around cows and deer, have not seen that. Have seen deer bedded with cows or sharing the same pasture or cornfield. Possibly the only thing would be if there were newborn calves present.

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The farm I hunt has horses that will chase the deer out of the pasture if they see them milling around.

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    maybe the cows and deer were both scared of something else and running in the same direction, giving the appearance of chasing?

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Nope, never saw that. But I did see a cow goring a horse once. The cow's calf had recently been taken away, and the cow was put in the same pasture as the horse. When we came along, it had the horse penned in the corner, and one horn stuck in the horse's left front shoulder. My friend & I drove the cow away by throwing rocks at it, then we got real smart; we got the idea that we needed to drive the cow farther away or it might start in on the horse again. So we crawled through the barbed wire fence and rocked the cow farther away from the horse...till we got far enough from the fence that the cow figured that we couldn't get to it before she got to us. My friend was tall, and able to leap over the fence, but I had to dive through it, just ahead of the cow. And speaking of a head, I caught mine on a barb as I dove through. Crazed cow acted more like a bull than a cow.

7. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Republican cows ?

:smile2:

Never seen anything but harmony round here. Maybe the drought has brought on behavior changes.