deep water catfishing ????

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by countryboy79, Dec 27, 2009.

1. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    I was wondering how deep will a catfish go... So my question is>> What is the deepest water that you ever caught a catfish out of ??? How many feet ???

2. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    the deepest water we got here in southwest ga is about 70 ft. i have caught a few in the deepest but it depends on what cycle they are in.

3. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    65-70 Foot range usually in mid summer patterns during daylight hours.

4. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Thanks on the 70 feet..How big were the fish??? Any body else catch fish in deeper water than that ?

5. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc

Hello !!! is they anybody else out there :confused2:

6. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Our biggest this past summer was 64# Numerous 30, 40, and 50# fish caught though

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Mid 40,s,but that,s the deepest we got in our rivers around here.:wink:

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I have caught them in mid april through may in 50 to 70 feet of water and be in the range from 3# up to 45#

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The deepest I have personally ever seen catfish caught was 120 feet. Its not uncommon at all to catch fish in 60-70 feet of water. Where you'll want to look depends mostly on the time of year, and where your located.

If I had to pick an average depth over the years I see most fish taken out of I'd have to say 35-40. Thats counting the deep fish in the dead of summers, and the fish that come out of one foot of water in the early spring.

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I got one blue in 90' while drifting slinky rigs. He was only around #20 or less. I don't do that normally but I was drifting towards a shoal and picked him up.

My lake is 180' at the dam.

-Jim-

11. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Caught a mess of 3-4 lbrs. once in 70 ft. on the Red River but I was only fishing 15 ft. down reckon they were suspended at that depth......:cool2:

12. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    At least the portion of the Ohio River where I fish there is no section of river deeper than a cat will go.

13. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Wesley I've caught blues as deep as 75' from Lake Norman during the winter and flatheads as deep as 60'. My bigger fish usually come from the 30' to 60' range though.