Deep-V Hull

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by TerryStucker, Feb 1, 2007.

1. TerryStucker

TerryStucker New Member

State:
    In.
    Hey Guys,
    I was thinking about buying a Lowe 175S fishing boat.
    Does anyone know anything about this boat. It comes with a 90hp
    Mercury 4 stroke. Length is 17'3" . Is 16,000. a good price?
    Its a Deep V Hull.
    Thanks Terry

2. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    yea it's sound good. I own semi V 14ft with mercury 9.8hp.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    If the boat will fit you and your style of catfishing, then it's probably a good deal.

But before you fall in love with the boat, objectively consider how you will fish out of it and whether the boat will allow you to fish the way you want.

Do you fish from the side or rear of the boat? Anchored in a river, drifting in a lake or some other way? Where will you put the rod holders? Where will you sit? How many others will fish with you and where will they sit? Is the livewell big enough? Are you sure the boat is long enough? (they never are, BTW)

Every boat is a compromise of some sort - so pick the things you're not willing to compromise and make sure the boat meets those requirements.

4. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Put the boat name and model in google's search engine and see what comes up. Before I bought my boat I spent a considerable amount of time doing that. You would be surprised the number of comments and articles that are out there on different boats.

5. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    I agree. That is what I had to consider when I got my Pro Team 190. If you get the boat dont let the fish flop all over you deck. They will leave a slime on the carpert.