Deep V Boats

Discussion in 'Boating' started by pott_2, Mar 15, 2008.

1. pott_2

pott_2 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    As you all know a boat is a major investment. I am looking for some real knowlege on 2 boats. The dealers were no help because their product was best.
    Tracker Targa 185 WT w/ Mercury Engine

G3 V185F w/Yamaha Engine

I have been told that Tracker's quality is not that good. There is about $4000 difference between them. The tracker is loaded where the G3 is not.

The G3 has a huge catfish friendly livewell.

Any advice on the quality of these boats is appreciated.

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    not sure about the g3 but i have heard some bad stuff about the trackers.i have a alumacraft deep v and love it.lund is pretty good also.i'd keep shopping and look at some other brands

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I wouldnt trade my tracker for anything, no leaks, nothing has gone wrong with it..rides great on the water, trailers good behind the truck, keeps me dry with the high sides..The only thing i wish it had is a higher weight capacity rating..Other than that it is great..I think the new Trackers are all welder too, so you dont have to worry about any rivets popping out or breaking..What sort of things are you worried about???

4. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I have a 16' Sea Nymph deep V. I really like it and haven't had any problems nor leaks. I have no idea who manufactured it. I believe Evinrude sold these with their engines?? My 25 Evinrude went bad and I now have a 25 Mercury 4 cycle on it.

Does anyone know who manufactured the Sea Nymphs???

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Sea Nymph is currently manufactured by Lowe, but it's possible that they acquired the line from another manufacturer, or that it was a stand alone manufacturer that they bought up. The line has been in Lowe quite awhile, but I've noticed some of the older ones don't say Lowe on them anywhere.

6. pott_2

pott_2 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have been told that the quality of the deck, lids, and accessories are not that great. I have looked at them and they look and feel great. I want something that can take all the fishing that I can throw at it.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    A member on here has had a ton of trouble on a Bass Pro grizzly 2072 with the welds cracking. Has been back to the dealer a couple times and same issues!

Check out SeaArk boats. I have NEVER heard bad reports regarding their boats. I own one and they are also a sponsor now on this site!

8. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    i have a tracker deep v and it does the job.tracker boats are made for the average consumer that does not want to break the bank for a new boat.for that 4000 difference in price,shortcuts are taken in the building process.tracker is more aimed at quantity rather than quality.mine is a 92 and after modifying almost everything to it,i could tell that even back then,trackers goal was to see how many they could ship out in one day.tracker is a good boat if you are looking for some bang for your buck,but you always get what you pay for.on buying a new boat in general,try pricing the motor seperate from the boat,and thats where you will find out actually how quality the boat is.

9. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Thanks. Mine does not say Lowe on it anywhere. You are most probably right in that it was a stand alone manufacturer that was bought by Lowe.

10. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    G3's are good boats. I know of trackers that have transom and rivit failure.

11. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have had a Lowe for for about 15 years and it was not new when I got it ,30 horse tiller motor.I have had it in Iowa Mo. and all over ,maybe i got lucky , but I will look at lowes next time to. Just my 2 cents.

12. pott_2

pott_2 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for all the feedback. Keep it comin'.

13. pott_2

pott_2 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have it narrowed down to the Targa and the G3 because of the proximety of the dealership. I looked at the Lowe Deep V and did not get a warm, fuzzy feeling from it. I love the Triton Deep V's but $$$$$$$$.

14. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I had the money, I'd go with the new SeaArk Catfish boat, it's one nice rig!

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    My .02, If you fish water with any kind of heavy chop or waves, stay away from anything that resembles a flatbottom, they will beat you senseless.

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If you dont have sense enough to slow down you dont have to worry about being beaten senseless because you dont have enough sense to be beaten senseless.:wink:

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    LMAO!!! I know people like that!!!!!

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good piont Mark- he needs it:wink:
    Yup ole flats are not prety fancey pleasurecraft there ugly reliable work horses of thy river/lake and prety darn safe too.......I cant part with mine unless I can get a bigger better one:cool2:-I am running a old 75-lowe,had a polercraft and my uncle has a gruman all good boats but the new Arks are thy bomb,brother has a 16ft 25 merc 4stroke....very nice boat,bought it last year.Sea Ark is leading the pack no doubt theys sponsering our favorite site!

19. pott_2

pott_2 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The boat will absolutely be a Deep V. I like the versatility of the design.

20. sneezer

sneezer New Member

State:
    pa.

O.M.C. made everything on the Sea Nymphs