Deep V boat Question?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ShilohRed, Oct 13, 2007.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Looking at selling both my boats and getting one. now it was thinking War-eagle or Sea-ARk 1860. But Sea-ark does not make the 15 degree hull in a tiller boat. And will not even talk to you about it.
    War-Eagle will build them your way. But at this time do not have a 15 degree hull.
    So looking at a Lund. These are a few that we are looking at for now. There all wider 90" but nice boat.s
    http://www.lundboats.com/1825explorer_2008.html full windshield for the cold weather.
    Then the rest are tiller boats.
    http://www.lundboats.com/2010proguide_2008.html Big nice boat can run up to a 175 Tiller motor on it with the hydraulic-assist steering.
    Then this one is the 1800 Pro-V tiller Like it also. And the size is a little better on what I was looking at.
    http://www.lundboats.com/1800prov_2008.html
    This is also a 18+ tiller boat.
    http://www.lundboats.com/1825proguide_2008.html
    Then this one is the 1725 its 17ft 4"
    http://www.lundboats.com/1725proguide_2008.html
    Like a tiller boat for some of the fishing I do, And the lund's have plenty of storage and are a nice ridding boat. And ride is one thing that it has to do. Now if Sea-Ark's 15 degree hull would ride with these, I would almost buy one and strip it down. And redo it the way I would like to have it. but Guess I will have to ride in the 1860 or the 1872 and see how well they ride.
    Any info from anyone that has the deep V boats or even on how well the ride is on the Sea-ark 15 degree hull only as the others would now even ride as good as what I have now.
    Pete

2. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Take a look at the Tracker line of boats that Bass Pro Shops carry. I have had two of them and they were, dollar for dollar, best boats I ever had. I had a Pro 17 deep V and a Crappie special. I now live on saltwater so had to go bigger.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Pete, it couldn't hurt to take a look at some of the boats designed for saltwater, such as Mako, Aquasport, Robalo, Boston Whaler, etc. My old Robalo would handle 5'-6' waves with no pounding at all. Most of those types are made with a center console, but you generally have a choice of a leaning bar or a couple of nice fishing chairs. I chose the two fishing chairs, which gave me the option of standing up when running big waves, or sitting down for smaller ones.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I'd put my SeaArk 2072 w/ a 15 degree on any water including Lake Erie. It is amazingly stable and dry.

Pete, comeon up to Ohio or to Henderson in late Feb and I'll give you a test run.

Maybe you can buy mine and I'll upgrade to the Alaskan 22! :smile2:

My wife would just LOVE that! LOL!

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Jerry just don't think they would work good in Reel foot or Sardis . It will have to be a cat boat and a crappie boat. And more toward crappie. As with my back I have took back to fishing for small eating size catfish. And crappie.
    Was looking at a Mako and Bluewave. But if you get one of those on top of a cypress tree on reelfoot your there until the rains sit in.

Looked at Sea-Ark but they only sell what they have. Will not sell one that someone would like. So its out . That is unless they sell it to me without a warranty and let me cut it up and built it into the boat I would like to have.
    Going to say the Lund Pro- 1800 may be the one. Even Marilyn likes that one. But the 2010 is a nice boat also. But just about 2 big.
    Thanks guys for the post.
    PEte

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Pete my man, with your skill making sawdust build what you want.
    Be a good winter project.:big_smile:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    shawn you don't need a 22 footer. last i saw you were about lodged in that stream you and tony were in. 2 more feet.....im calling Printzs tow service lol!!!!!! rollo

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Now looky here Jason!

I made it through the Stillwater bridge without hitting the center pier.

Just imagine a 22 footer with a 200 jet going 45 through there!

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Mark I wish I only wish. But it takes me weeks to just build a chair, Now theres no way my body will hold out to build a project like what I would like to have. But man its so fun to fish out of one you do build or help build.
    My uncle used to build all the 14x48" john boats out of plywood. And we built the last 2 that I had. Now that will put a smile on your face. I do plan on trying to build a canoe or something around that in a year or so. Just a little water boat. That will allow me to sneak in on the spots a bigger boat will not allow.
    Mark when are you going to let me see the one your working on? Looks like I may have to run down there and see it in person.:big_smile:

And to think you offered me a ride in your boat.:roll_eyes: Sounds like I will need to make sure my life insurance is paid way up .
    PEte

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    pete i have the lund 1800 series prov and i love it. little pricey but you get what you pay for. mine is not tiller. they are heavy boats but they ride great on lakes with ruff water.

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Pete, you're right. If you're going to be fishing submerged timber, you definitely don't want a fiberglass hull. Even if you have a good friend who owns a fiberglass repair shop, knocking a hole in your hull ruins your day. I was only thinking about your drifting on the Tennessee.

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks Yes they are heavy build and heavy, But well made and from everything I hear ride like a dream.
    The one I am looking at is the 1800 Pro-V its a tiller. but bet its about the same hull.
    What size motor do you have on yours? And what is the top speed? And how well does it do on fuel?

Jerry if I was staying on the River here all the time, I would be looking at a 23 ft Bay boat. LOL
    pete

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina

14. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Pete that 1850 looks good and would have plenty room for me in the back. Looks like I wold have enough room to take a nap.

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    That is the reason for it. LOL Plenty of room and the great ride. Theres a guy looking to buy my 17ft boat. And three more waiting to see if he takes it. And 2 waiting on the 20ft. but will have to wait and see what I do .
    Pete

16. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete, for the guys that miss out on your boats, I've got a 2004 Polarkraft 1885 Hunt/Fish model w/ a 50 Merc. for sale, that you could tell em' about if you don't mind. I need to move this boat quick! Thanks, Brandon