The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Premium Member
It was a nice Blue. I was anchored 1/4 mile down river from him when I hear him yelling. After a while, and he is still yelling, I pull anchor to go see what he needed. Haha, he had that big Blue and forgot his cell so wanted me yo take a picture. Of course I did and then I emailed it to his girlfriend.

He pointed to a different location that was within sight and told me I should try there. Well the next weekend I did. That is when I caught this one. And Dave, the KY boy took this picture.

A short while later I caught another on from the same place that went 60 pounds.

Dave fishes the Ohio River a lot and year before last he pointed out a good mussel bed. Said he was catching 20 and thirty pounders until his arms were so tired he had to quit. There are some pretty good fellers across that river.

Registered
We just saw the ramp by the interstate under 64. We came to Mt. Vernon through New Harmony. Is there a ramp in New Hampshire or just down at the state park?

Premium Member
You have me a little confused, which isn't too difficult. I think when you stated New Hampshire, you intended to say New Harmony.

If that is correct, there is a ramp on the south end of New Harmony just south of the RR tracks and off of Church Street.. It appears to be concrete with a gravel lot.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #38
Don't know what I ate before bed. Last night I dreamed that I was walking across a foot bridge across the White River. It was 4 or 5 feet wide with hand rails on the side. I got a pretty good distance across and noticed to my right that I was near the bank where I fish. I saw that I wasn't casting out far enough from the bank. The water was sort of clear and I could see that there was a drop off I was casting just short of ... then I thought... maybe those cats would come up in the shallower warmer water looking for bait. Maybe that's why I'm not catching a lot of fish.

Then I got to a section of the foot bridge that the hand rails were gone and all that was left was the foot path. I was too scared to go any further without handrails. I thought maybe I would just scoot across that short distance on my butt. I guess I did, but I don't remember doing that. Then I decided I should turn around, but now the floor was gone and I was on two cables straddling the void where the path used to be. Trying to get back.

Then my dream shifted and I was carrying bank rod holders from my truck to the bank.

Then I was in my truck driving around trying to find something and always coming around to same place even though I was trying to get/find something else.

There were no fish in my dream.

So, Dr. Freud - what does it all mean? 馃ぃ

21 - 40 of 41 Posts