The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Don't let the cold stop you. Although, there not being much water in the Wabash near me has been my the main deterrent. Banged up a brand new $400 prop over there a couple of weeks ago. Hit the mighty Mississippi Sunday. Only caught one twenty pounder, but that was mainly due to how freaking long I spent catching bait. A guy on the bank caught a monster lake sturgeon right before I spoke to him.

Keep after 'em...

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,185 Posts
It's typical man syndrome. We always want what we can't or shouldn't have or do.
Exactly!
Although it's not just a man thing ......... Women want me because they know they can't have me 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

LRJ, A therapist would say that your winter yearning is perfectly normal but your summer situation would give them cause for serious concern!

...W

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Oh I think you are fine and what you are experiencing is just a normal thing. In June there is grass to mow, houses to maintain, outside projects to work on and many things to occupy ones time. In Dec &. Jan. the boredom beast gets to nipping at my heels. By Feb. my reels have been serviced, my boat cleaned and modified, our hunting seasons have ended and I have little else to do but watch U-tube videos of other folks fishing and dream of going myself. It has gotten worse since I retired and don't have a job to occupy any of my winter time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't let the cold stop you. Although, there not being much water in the Wabash near me has been my the main deterrent. Banged up a brand new $400 prop over there a couple of weeks ago. Hit the mighty Mississippi Sunday. Only caught one twenty pounder, but that was mainly due to how freaking long I spent catching bait. A guy on the bank caught a monster lake sturgeon right before I spoke to him.

Keep after 'em...
What part of Indy do you live in? I travel to Evansville about every other week for my wife's family.

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,112 Posts
Hey Stacee, you setting up for a campfire on that concrete platform. Looks like a good spot.
I do fish on the little rock island in front of it when the water is low.
I was just trying to stay dry in between sprinkles.
Peaceful place for me even with the vehicles and trains going by.

·
Registered
293 Posts
What part of Indy do you live in? I travel to Evansville about every other week for my wife's family.
I live in IL, unfortunately. I'm about 35 mins from the Wabash in Tecumseh. Depending on how much water there is to play in I fish anywhere from Cayuga to Hopkinsville whenever I can make it over there. I don't ever catch any monsters, but I see a lot of pics of nice flatties over there so I keep trying. I've caught some twenties, both blues and flats, but nothing huge. It's just a shame it's so dang shallow up here...

Peace,
Chad

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in IL, unfortunately. I'm about 35 mins from the Wabash in Tecumseh. Depending on how much water there is to play in I fish anywhere from Cayuga to Hopkinsville whenever I can make it over there. I don't ever catch any monsters, but I see a lot of pics of nice flatties over there so I keep trying. I've caught some twenties, both blues and flats, but nothing huge. It's just a shame it's so dang shallow up here...

Peace,
Chad

Peace,
Chad
Hey Chad I’m in the same situation as you, IL resident I go to Cayuga and Covington. I sorta struck out this year and I’m thinking of going south. I drove down last week to look at every ramp south of montezuma. Is Tecumseh as good a spot as it looks from the ramp and the map?
Zach

·
Registered
293 Posts
The wood is covered in jugs and limb lines, but you can sneak a cat out of there when you're lucky. The bridges and drops always hold some fish but size is hard to come by. Be prepared for shallow water if you go North of Tecumseh, but if the levels are over 4.5ft at Terre Haute most of the 'Bash is navigable south to the trestle most of the time. Bait is a bit harder to come by since the power plant closed, but asian carp are still fairly abundant...

Good luck,
Chad

·
Registered
293 Posts
PS: The channels were absolutely on fire at Turtle Creek last weekend. I couldn't keep a line in the water with all the 3 to 5lbers for most of my last trip over there. Yet again, no real size, but loads of fun on light tackle when it's 30 degrees outside.

·
Registered
10 Posts
PS: The channels were absolutely on fire at Turtle Creek last weekend. I couldn't keep a line in the water with all the 3 to 5lbers for most of my last trip over there. Yet again, no real size, but loads of fun on light tackle when it's 30 degrees outside.
Thanks for the info

1 - 20 of 41 Posts