Deep fork

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by riverratt69, Apr 15, 2007.

1. riverratt69

riverratt69 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hi ,new member,and new to the deep fork.Moved down to beggs and have found a couple of holes to fish.Twin bridges looks good but lots of pressure,down at coalton I heard is good but pressured too.I have heard there are nice cats in this river if you know where too go,thats what I'm looking for?Any help?:big_smile:

2. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Oh hell yea there are some nice cats in there. Ive noodled it several times around the Okmulgee area. A bit west of there in the Deep Fork WMA it is log jams galore. If your willing to do some serious bushwacking Im sure you'll stumble upon some monster flatties. There is also a federal preserve covering a good stretch of the river a bit south of Okmulgee and it looks pretty sweet. All in all the area Im speaking of is one of the largest stretches of riverbottom forest in the region, a pretty good place for wildlife.

3. riverratt69

riverratt69 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the info,Ive been to the parking spots west of okmulgee at I guess is the wma,but dont know how far the river is from there.Guess I need to go for a walk.Thanks again.

4. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    There are several roads and briges that you can get to the river from. Pick up an oklahom atlas and gazetteer for twenty bucks and you'll be able to find most roads in the state. I measure off mileage on the map and then use my odometer to figure out when to turn. Those maps are pretty acurate.

5. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

Welcome aboard.

6. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

7. CatfishUgly

CatfishUgly New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ive been fishing the Deepfork river for a few years now. I am also a Beggs resident, well last year was my best year i caught 5 flatheads over 20 pounds and lots more around the Nuyaka area. Ive caught many channels on shrimp. The big flatheads were all caught on live perch. Get out there and go fishing.

Go Beggs Demons!

8. deepforkrunner

deepforkrunner New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey this is Josh I'm from Beggs myself and I fish the Deepfork quite often. If you know where to fish you can catch some monster cats!! Maby I will see you on the river somrtime. Watch out for them river otters, they aint afeared of u.

9. jamrens

jamrens New Member

State:
    rome, georgia
    i use to be an okie from bristow, we use to catch most the flats on the road that barnheart ranch is on go the the bridge and go left there is a bend thats is over 10 ft deep we have cought some 60lbs in that hole

Whit

10. riverratt69

riverratt69 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks all for the info,you have helped alot.Glad to see other beggs people here!