Deep Fork

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by mtrimble, Mar 16, 2006.

1. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Who all fishes the Deep Fork? Does anyone fish in the Deep Fork WMA? I here that the WMA is really nice and swampy. I plan on making that a destination of mine this summer. I know some of you guys are river fishers.

2. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Matt, Send me an email when you plan on going. I would like to join you at the WMA.

3. sem21

sem21 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I Have Not Been To Deep Fork Yet! But Do Fish And Noodle The North Canadian River Alot And Go Home Smellin Like Fish So I Do All Right But I Would Like To Fish The Deep Fork! And I Would Like To Know How Webbers Falls Has Been Doing.

4. sem21

sem21 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    By The Way Yall Look In The Pic Did You Noodle Them Two Cats?

5. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Yea Chuck. We noodled those. That is my little brother (a.k.a. my assistant lol). I heard alot about this webber falls place. Never been there. I usually stay away from places that everyone knows about.

6. sem21

sem21 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I CHEATED TOO. THE TWO BIG ONES AND THE SIX LITTLE ONES I NOODLE TOO. BUT DONT GET ME WRONG STRIEGHT LINES AND BENT POLES IS THE WAY OF LIFE. I WAS JUST HUNGY!!lol

7. sem21

sem21 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Pray For Rain!! Its Here! Well Hope It Brought The Rivers And Lakes Up. I Was Going To Webbers This Weekend But It Never Fales I Got Sick On My For Days Off.

8. Catfunk

Catfunk New Member

State:
    OK
    Where exactly is deep fork? Anyone?:confused:

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Deep Fork headwaters are near Briton (suberb of OKC) runs east about 10-12 miles where it was damed to form Arcadia Lake. My personal thoughts are that it is sort of misnamed as it should be Deep Fork Creek. LOL When it floods it covers Highway 66, I believe. It used to be a nuisance. Have heard all my life about the catfish noodled out of the river (creek)...but I have never personally fished it. Think it is something the locals like & use, but if your serious about fish you go to the Arkansas or one of the rivers in the NE portion of the state or to the Red.

10. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    there is a select few that have axcess to the river across privite property if you can get it some of the best fishing arround okc, it hav ben locked up by a group that noodles out of the welston aria. hey awshucks ever fish liberty at guthrie . one of your best kept seacrets. have limited out there on nice blues too meney times to count. any day is a good to sneek up on a fish.

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You know, I live about 100 to 150 yards off Guthrie Lake and seldom fish it...Liberty is about 1 1/2 miles away, Arcadia around 15 and Carl Blackwell is about 34...I seldom fish any of these lakes. I guess I am too envious of the guys in the Northeastern and eastern parts of the state, and want to fish their waters. If I was fishing for eating, I'd probably hit Liberty and Guthrie, but, I hate to say it, I detest the taste of fish... lol... lobster I can take, but no fish. Everything I catch is either CPR'd or given to someone else who does eat fish.

12. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma

13. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Oh yea. It is the headwater so it is just a little intermittant stream at that point. It actually starts in the Woodbrier Apartments on Ann Arbor between 39th and 36th. Look on the West side of an Ann Arbor and you will see the sign im talking about. The creek goes under Ann Arbor and heads east as a drainage ditch then becomes the stream that runs through Will Rodgers park. It continues heading east and runs near the Bell Isle area where it sometimes known as the Penn Ditch (by skateboarders and graffiti painters anyway). It keeps heading east running along I-44 a while. Then it cuts north for a bit and creates Arcadia Lake. In all likelyhood you have driven over it without ever noticing. If I hadn't lived in Woodbrier apartments as a kid I probably wouldn't have noiticed it either. Kinda Cool. I used to float around in it during heavy rains when I was a kid.

14. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    dont feel too bad. Stinchcomb wildlife refuge is just up 39th. It has some decent holes in it and it is really pretty if you have a kayack or canoe.