1. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    we seen a couple of younger guys (18 or 19 years old) jug fishing this weekend. they had a flathead that weighed 16 or 18 lbs. and couple of smaller fish. they were using duck decoys for jugs. it made me laugh for some reason. maybe some of you have seen this before but it was my first. i've seen stirofoam wig heads, noodles, antifreeze jugs.... but never decoys. looked like they worked well though.

2. chris dornbusch

chris dornbusch New Member

State:
    iowa
    I hope its not Duck season:big_smile:

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I dont blame you that would make me laugh to, I havent ever seen anyone using duck decoys for jug fishing that some crazy stuff but apparently it worked because they caught some fish, but thats one crazy way of catching them.

4. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    HEY DURING DUCK SEASON IT COULD DO DOUBLE DUTY.YOU WOULD BE FISHING PLUS ATTRACTING DUCKS BY PUTTING MOTION IN YOUR SPREAD.IF THE CATFISH PULLS THEM UNDER IT WOULD LOOK LIKE A DIVING DUCK.:smile2:

5. gottagetabigun

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    you may be on something there. hunting and fishing at the same time. has potential. :confused2:

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i think thats a great idea. if the jugs get out of reach or site for a bit of time there pretty safe from fish thives looking for a free fish.

think about it. cruising along the water and you see a duck floating most go right on by without thinking a thing. now a bobing bleach jug. some may stop to grab the fish.

dont know if these fellas were that bright but maybe the decoys were camoflague for the underlying event.

7. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida

That would be my bet, too.

8. gottagetabigun

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    actually they were wood duck decoys painted red which made it that much funnier looking.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well you gave me a good idea. sounds like they were dipping deep lol. thats why i said i dont know if they were that bright. apparently not.lol.:wink:

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I dont see why it wouldnt work??? just using something they already had around for something else, instead of having 2 seperate items!!!!

11. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    sounds like a good jug here in kansas we cant use them but still to each there own good luck fishing in 2008

12. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    me and the guys have discussed this, but have never done it. we don't run jugs too much, but if we do this year i will give it a shot.

13. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    LOL! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Never heard that one but I like the double duty idea. But in Texas they have to be white.

15. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    yeah alan, i forgot about that, but you're right. i don't think i want to paint any of my decoys white, i don't hunt 'park ducks'!!!!

16. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    use snow goose floaters !! :smile2: