decker lake

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by willcat, Feb 2, 2008.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    gonna try & fish decker lake(also known as walter e long) sat & sun. ne body do any good here????? i'll post what i can come up with monday!!

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    OK Willcat you're holding out on us, catch any at Decker last weekend?

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Sorry bout that, We went out bout noon'ish but was way too windy. Stopped @ the bait shop at the entrance, the guy said the bass were biting good, but nothing on cats!!! Well he was right, we didnt get any good bites at all, pulled into the cove to get outta the wind, went out a little later & the wind was really bad.... went home empty handed and ate fajitas instead....gonna try Bastrop next time.. The pics @ the baitshop were of some big blues & yellows all caught on jug lines!!!! The only one that came in with anything before we left had a nice stringer of bass:sad2:

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    WC, let me know when ya head up to Bastrop, I'm not but about 18 miles from there. Caught 2 decent channels Saturday before the wind really got up.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    'll do that sir, we stay @ my b in law's house in Del Valle so not too far from there!!!

6. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    next time you hit decker..go to the back side to the gravel pitts:wink:..you'll be happy you did.. catch your shad by the docks or by the hott water outlets..right now the gravel pitt or the dam it where i get most of my cats.