Deciding if I should go to Lake Greenwood?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by SC Hartwell, Apr 8, 2007.

1. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I live in Pickens, which is about 25 minutes for Greenville. Would it be worth the drive to go to Greenwood. Hartwell is frustrating me so much right now, and I have heard that Greenwood is relatively easy to fish. Also which ramp would be the best to fish out of? Thanks for the help!

2. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    Greenwood is my favorite place to fish for crappie and also a good place for largemouth. I have been getting good reports on the cats the past 3 weeks.I drive from West Virginia to fish there for bass and crappie but I dont consider It worth the drive to go for catfish.Chris Blue can help you with this more than me so maybe you could contact him.Hope this is helpful and the best landing for me is at the end the bridge in Greenwood behind the store and Subway. The shrine club also has a good landing but the Subway is closer for you.

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    if your interested in catching channels then greenwood is a great place to fish...very few blues in greenwood though...put in at 45 grill and deli or futher up lake at harris landing because the fish have been in 4 to 12 feet of water the past few weeks and can be caught on cut shad, perch, or herring...i live in williamston and go there about once a week...it takes me an hour to drive there give or take a little...it is worth the drive!!

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Lake Greenwood is so easy to fish that all you have to do is drive around in the boat and catfish will start jumpin in.:big_smile: Seriously though Greenwood has ups and downs just like any other lake.It's not a giant deep lake like Hartwell which makes it easier to pinpoint fish but fish are fish and they are gone bite or not bite no matter what body of water your in.It has a huge population of channel cats and probably the biggest average size channels of any lake in SC(that I know of) due to the fact that theres not a big population of blues in it YET.Theres a decent population of flatheads and a very very small population of blues.Driftin is by far the best tactic for puttin channels in the boat at Greenwood on a consistant basis.Most will range from 2 to 12 lbs with some larger from time to time.Surely you read some of our reports on Greenwood, they should help you decide wether to make the drive.As far as ramps the safest one and best located one is the 45 Grill and Deli(formerly Reeders Fishin Village) off of Hwy 221.

5. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Thanks man! I want to see if I can get a couple of my buddies together and head down there! Those big channels are a blast to catch.