Decided to go fishing today for about 2 hours

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Montgomery, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    well went fishing today. for a little under 2 hours. only took shrimp and some off brand meat or hot dog . i'm not sure what it was . but i was only looking to enjoy the weather for a couple hours. didn't even care if i got a bite. and my hot dog got a big run. misssed it. did catch 1 channel. and what i'm not sure was a bullhead or a flatthead. this thing was colored unlike any bull head . he was really small. like 1 pound. or smaller. but his head was BIG really big. i couldn't get over how much it took up of this little guys body. now i have bullhead in my aquarium. and i really dont think it was . it was in a pond that the river floods into .i will call it a bull head . but my father was there . and seen it . and he isn't so sure it wasn't a flattie. it wasn't like any other fish we had caught. andi aint ever caught a big flatt yet. wish i had a camera. but i decided not to stop fishing. and was happy to have 2 small fish and a big run. for 2 hours. better then just catching a cold.

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Bud I am really happy for ya. At least u got some fish.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Good job Mike, come on down to the Ashland ramp tomorrow and do some more. There looks to be about 6-10 of us meeting there. Its in the Gathering section

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Hey Mike you did better than me today. I spent 5 hours without a bite lol. If both of you thought it was a flathead it probably was. Bullheads are uniform in color down the length of their backs, flats appear mottled or patchy looking. Going from light to brown to dark in a patchwork or puzzle sorta way. Not one soild color. You know what I mean? They resemble bullheads in every other way. Flats look like they have giant freckles lol.
    Anyway glad to see you post again, and are still out there fishing.

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    way to go mike , check online and see if you can tell what you caught , flatties have fairly large heads all thru their lives but they are not very tall from chin to top of the head hince flat head , bull heads are big headed as wide as they are tall

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Also a flathead does not have an overbite like other cats. Bottom jaw sticks out further than the top.