Decent night on the Kaw

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mr.T, May 21, 2009.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Fished up on the Kaw yesterday evening, had a fairly good bite right up until the sun went down and then it slowed to a crawl. Gave up at about 12:30am but managed 9 fish, including 4 channel cats up to about 12 lbs and 4 blues - biggest blues were 25 and 20 lbs - and a bonus hybrid striped bass that went a good 5 lbs or so.

Saw some other boats in the area but they apparently forgot to put bait on their hooks or something...:roll_eyes:

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I had bait on my hook, Josh just gave me the unlucky side of the boat:smile2: Oh, well, I have as much fun nettin' 'em as I do catchin' 'em. I feel sorry for those guys who just have to watch at a distance while other boats do all the catching and netting, though.......that must make for a long, boring night...........

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Bait???? hooks???? what are these things you speak of???? awww screw it I'm taking up golf....LOL

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I can't help it no fish swam by that thought it was man enough to eat a 3 pound bullhead. Well ok maybe it was 2 pounds...

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Also forgot to mention that I caught my first-ever, honest-to-goodness skipjack herring in the throw net yesterday. (Or at least, I'm pretty sure it was a skipjack - didn't have Skipeye around to confirm it for me... :wink:)

Also caught a big hybrid striped bass in the throw net as well as about a half-dozen of the biggest shad I've ever seen.

No dead bodies this time, however.

6. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    Sounds like you had great night of fishing.See you around the lakes