Decent night in the gallipolis area

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by purebonewv, May 12, 2007.

1. purebonewv

purebonewv New Member

State:
    west virginia
    we fished creekchubs till about 1:00 on friday night i caught atleast 6 decent cats not a one of them under 6 lbs good night for me

2. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    sounds like agood night at least you was catching fish

3. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

no mothman around was there

4. purebonewv

purebonewv New Member

State:
    west virginia
    everytime we see a blue herring crane someone always hollers mothman lol i fish with a younger fella he's 16 everytime we hear something odd i tell him its the ohio river monster lol freaks him out lol

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Don't be so easy to disregard those blue herrons lol. I have been out on my boat three different times when they attacked. First time was on Buckeye lake, I was sitting 30 yds off the marsh around midnight and barely saw the bird take into the air, couple seconds later it appeared right in front of me at eye level, we saw each other at the same time. I screamed lol, and the bird flared out its wings to stop and fly up and he knocked over both of my rods with his wing tip. Another time I was on the muskingum river almost asleep when I opened my eyes and saw one just touching down next to my feet, He had his wings flared and looked huge in the dark. I yelled at that one and waved my arms and he flew off squawking as loud as he could. Looks like a mothman to me, or as close to him as I want to get lol.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on some nice cats!

7. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I can't do that with my son, unless I want to go home early and stay up the rest of the night with him.:crazy:

8. purebonewv

purebonewv New Member

State:
    west virginia
    those stories are pretty funny its all fun till a dang water snake crawls up on bank with ya after dark that happened to me and my dad last year i scared it off but we spent the rest of night looking over our shoulders lol

9. kory

kory New Member

State:
    Fairfield, Ohio
    i had a baby opposum come up under my feet one night, i was scared to death it's big ole mama was nearby....we left shortly after lol